Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Support (anybody home?)
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Since support hasn't replied to any of my last 4 or 5 emails (on various subjects), maybe someone in the forum can answer this question from experience.

If one orders the backup CD (in addition to -or- along with a download), how long does it typically take Cyberlink, from the date of purchase, to actually send the CD to the purchaser? How long can one expect to wait till the cd arrives? Does anyone know?

(BTW, I quite like the Cyberlink products that I've tried and purchased. But if you're out there Cyberlink, I must say that the support/customer service aspect of your business model, is certainly not your most endearing quality.)

-Cranston- Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cranston,

From my experience, up to 14 days, depends where it is dispatched from and where it's being sent to.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you sir. For the info and quick response.

-Cranston- Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
cohenner [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Baltimore, MD Joined: Jul 09, 2008 11:07 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
To be perfectly honest and frank, I am quite impressed with the support from CyberLink. While many times they give me repeat information and stuff I already know, I have had an answer back from someone within minutes. I wish, though, that they would read what the writer is writing instead of just reading two lines, and telling you a solution to something you already wrote in the message that you have done.

Cohenner David Cohen
Presented For You!
Analog > Digital Conversions & Video Editing
Cranston
[Post New]
Thanks Cohenner,

Thanks for your comment in reply. And I'm glad to hear that your experience with Cyberlink support has been a positive one, and I find that encouraging. I've been using PowerDirector (v4 through v7) for about 2 years now, and I used to get responses to the very few inquires I've submitted to Cyberlink in the past.
But perhaps it was something I've been doing wrong here lately in the submitting process of sending my inquires, because I have literally, over the last 3 months sent about 4 inquiries (that I thought were well crafted, succinct, and questions that did not appear to addressed in any FAQ's), but I have yet to hear back from them.

(Hey, here's an idea. Maybe I can submit future question to you, and then you can submit them to Cyberlink, and then you can tell me what they said, hahahahaha.)

However, now that I've found this forum (don't know what took me so long), I find it to be quite a valuable resource, and plan in the future to, as my first option, take more advantage of the knowledge of the members here, than immediately turn to Cyberlink for support.

I appreciate you voicing your input, and I would certainly welcome exchanging tips, ideas and questions with you from time to time, should you be open to such a proposition.

Thanks again,