Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
insufficient space on the disc even with a blank disc
Christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2008 11:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to burn a DVD. Evertime I press burn a message tells me that there is insufficient space on the disc, please insert disc with more free space. This message is coming up despite the fact that I am using a blank disc capable of holding 4.7 GB.

My Drive capabilities:

Model ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P
Filmware LG12
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Oh...you reposted.

Hi Christopher,

First off...it can't be PowerDVD you are burning with, so you posted this in the wrong section "

Second, it is probably referring to the disc space on your computer. Some programs require a certain about of disc space on a drive as buffer when burning. Check that you have a lot of free space on your C: drive

Hope that helps
Dave
Simon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2008 13:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am getting the same problem, except when trying to burn anything other than a video dvd, such as data and audio etc - i am getting error #0XEB02088c Description:
(1) Target disc's free space is not enough.

This is starting to really bug me now, the pc is close to going out the window any help appreciated
Dmitry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2008 21:29 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
While making hard copy of my Power2Go 6.0 MSI distributive, I've found out that Power2Go cannot write CD-R/RW media at all!!!
Though it has such options in the menu but it fails to do so. When trying to start burining the message box "Insufficient space on disk. Please use another disk with more free space." pops up.
The reason for this is that Power2Go doesn't recognize the CD-R/RW media correctly. If you go to menu /Burining->Configuration/ then select /Information/ tab and open /Disk in drive/ sublist the following table appears:
Disk in drive
- Type: CD-R [CD Extra]
- Writable: No
- Eraseble: No
- Available time: 00:00
- Available capacity: 0.0

So Power2Go treats the CD-R media as not Writable ...
The same thing repeats for the CD-RW except that disk is recognized as Eraseble.
I tried to use different CD-R/RW media but have the same results.
However DVD media is recognises by Power2Go correctly.

The problem occurs only in Power2Go since I succesfully completed the task with old Nero 6.0 suite.

Another bug is that Power2Go hangs up and terminates when it tries to load multisession disk info from the CD-R/RW.

Please HELP!!! I've recently bought this software and now I'm stuck in these bugs. CD-R/RW writing is very important for me.

My DVD Writer drive is Optiarc AD-7200S
terry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2008 08:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am trying to burn a DVD. Evertime I press burn a message tells me that there is insufficient space on the disc, please insert disc with more free space. This message is coming up despite the fact that I am using a blank disc capable of holding 4.7 GB.

My Drive capabilities:

Model ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P
Filmware LG12
I AM HAVING SAME PROBLEM WHEN TRYING TO COPY DISC TO DISK DID YOU SORT YOURS OUT IF YOU DID I WOULD APPRECIATE YOU LETTING ME KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS ITS DRIVING ME NUTS I SEEM TO HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING CHEERS TERRY
Dmitry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2008 21:29 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Here what I replied to Cyberlink support at the end:

"I suddenly solved all my CD problems by following the advice at HP site: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01531298&product=3717528&printable=no&encodeUrl=true&#

Also it may be useful for CyberLink support forum of FAQ section.

They (HP) suggest to do the following steps:

1. Uninstall all the DVD/CD drives in the device manager of Windows.
2. Clear the UpperFilter and LowerFilter settings in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry key.
3. Uninstall all the CD/DVD writing software.
4. Restart the machine and install the writing software.
And it works!!!
"
Kenneth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2011 06:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
surly there is a easier way than this ...??

1. Uninstall all the DVD/CD drives in the device manager of Windows.
2. Clear the UpperFilter and LowerFilter settings in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry key.
3. Uninstall all the CD/DVD writing software.
4. Restart the machine and install the writing software.
And it works!!!
Roedy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2014 18:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Clear means delete both key and value. Otherwise you get only partial relief. Thank you so much for this post. I have been fooling around for months on and off trying to get this to work, Now I have 2 DVD drives working.