Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
background noise in voice over recording
alanrtodd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2008 17:26 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
my operating system is vista home premium and my movie producer/editor is PD7. I purchasded a logitech USB desktop microphone for VO recording. When I record and play back I get a hissing sound. When I record I turn off the computer speakers, the overhead fan in the room and the air conditioning. I don't get the hissing noise when I first enter the VO room. It starts when I click the record button. After recording I get the hissing sound. If I turn off the mic the hissing continues. If I unplug the mic the hissing stops. If I plug it back in the hissing noise returns. I tried plugging the mic into different USB plugs with no change. If I exit the VO room the hissing stops. If I return to the VO room there is no hissing until I click the record buttom. What can I do to eliminate the hissing sound?........alan todd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Alan,

Yes, you are correct. I'm not happy with the audio/mic capability in PD7 and until the issue is resolved I don't use that particular feature. I'm hopeful it will be fixed soon.

I record my voice overs in an audio editor (free) and bring that in afterwards. I've actually found it better to do that as I play PD7 and record with the audio editing program at the same time. This allows me to hear what action is taking place in the video while recording a seperate audio file of the voice over. Works for me.

I've sent you a PM .

Dafydd