Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
burning failed error code c0040004
Jay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2008 15:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
After i have finished publishing the video and did the menus, i hit the burn button and it was aboyt 95% done and then this error code comes up...i need answers. It is for a wedding video.
Leisa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2008 01:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Jay

I am getting the message "burning failed due to catastrophic error" when approx 60% of the building/writing files part of the burn process has completed. I have been using Cyberlink Power Director Express NE program for about 12months with no problems at all. This error started a few weeks ago. I have tried Windows Movie Maker and Nero but they will not recognise the .MOV files and I have been advised that renaming the files to something they will recognise will reduce the sound and picture quality.

I have tried the entire process about 6 times with the same result, uninstalled the software and reinstalled it to end up with the same error again.

I have searched the program help areas and cannot find this error mentioned at all. There must be someone who can explain what the error is and how to fix it.

I love the JVC Everio and the process to produce the DVD is so simple, but I am really cheesed off as now I have family video I can only view in individual files on my PC.

Leisa
[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2008 11:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I spend the better part of two days struggling with this and a number of other error conditions surrounding menu creation. Thumbnails didn't match the templates, got C0040004 errors, hangs, and other various failures to burn a disk image (not even to the DVD drive!).

Numerous uninstalls registry cleanings, file system cleanings (removed powerdirector folder, temp files, hidden local settings files for current and All users).

Nothing helped.

Until I re-installed Windows Media Player 10.
Then live was happy again and all the bizzarre symptoms dis-appeared.
Mitchell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2008 23:00 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]

This is not the best option... but it is still an option.
When using PDirector and have done all your editing. when you click on the PRODUCE button don't burn a DVD select SAVE AS A FILE.
You can choose to save the file as MPEG2 or AVI and use any DVD burning software that you like.

It will save in the My works Folder.
Tomasz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2008 18:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
But what if i'd like to burn it with menu? I created nice menu and somwhere near 96% of burning - code c0040004 :/ Any solutions?