Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Prioritising an audio track
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
I am probably asking too much of PD11 but ...

Mostly I mix video and stills onto the timeline, adjust/delete video sound tracks as appropriate and add a separate sound track for background music. Sound mixing takes a lot of time, trying to get a good balance between video sound/background music, background music/still pics etc. It would be great to have the background music channel auto-adjust to account for other channel/s sound ... quieter when there is a video sound and louder when no other sound such as when a still shot is playing.

Is this possible ... I don't think this can be achieved using eg Audio Director. I guess its a 'pay a lot of money' for another sound editor.
Ron

SOLVED USING AUDACITY AND ITS AUTO DUCK FEATURE ... but it would still be easier to synch if it can be achieved with PD?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2014 10:37

CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ron -

Some NLEs have this facility, but not PD. To my knowledge, ADR doesn't either.

I'd never used Auto Duck in Audacity, but I will be now! Can't tell you how many hours I've spent manually adjusting the music bed to cater for voice-overs.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!