Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Default Clip Fade Duration
SteveThompson
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Feb 01, 2014 01:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All.

The default clip fade in/out duration in PiP is two seconds. My current project includes a lot of short clips. Is there any way to change the default fade duration to one second.

Thanks, Steve.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried going to Preferences>Editing and changing your Transition duration to 1 second ?
I have mine set to .7 seconds (42 frames)

Rob
[Thumb - Prerences Editing Settings b.PNG]
 Filename
Prerences Editing Settings b.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
138 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
86 time(s)
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
SteveThompson
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Feb 01, 2014 01:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rob.

Yes, I have changed that to 1 second, but in PiP when I click fade in and fade out, they still set 2 seconds.

Thanks, Steve.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Rob.

Yes, I have changed that to 1 second, but in PiP when I click fade in and fade out, they still set 2 seconds.

Thanks, Steve.

Hi SteveThompson,
In Preferences/Editing/Duration/Transitions you'll see the option to alter the default Transition length. When a transition is dropped/dragged into a track it will be the default length you've selected.

In PiP there are different controls dealing with Opacity, these are keyframe controlled. Selecting Fade In/Out and the Opacity options will display, see the keyframe track (image) and by moving the keyframe, the Opacity of a fade can be altered. By default the length is 2 seconds. See image guide, note the directional arrows, click and drag the keyframe to reduce the length of the fade, go the opposite way to extend the fade..

Tip: If you're working on a very long clip it is a good idea to split the clip before modifying in PiP - the larger longer clip takes up the whole of the display area, a smaller clip gives you greater finite control of the keyframes.

Dafydd

[Thumb - SD-2013-02-519.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-519.png
[Disk]
 Description
PiP Opacity keyframes for fade in/out
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
462 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 04. 2014 12:07

SteveThompson
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd .

I have been changing the fade duration manually in PiP. Is there any way of changing the default from 2 seconds?

Thanks, Steve.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Dafydd .

I have been changing the fade duration manually in PiP. Is there any way of changing the default from 2 seconds?

Thanks, Steve.

Hi Steve,
No other way to change the PiP Fade length (no change of the default length) than what I have already shown and you already know.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2014 10:27

[Post New]
Thanks a lot Dafydd! This was the answer I was looking for! I'm new to PD12 and I couldn't figure out how to put a fade in/out on a PiP video that I added until I found this thread. I was adding transitions at the start and end of the PiP and it affected the main video.
Thanks again! Win 8.1 64 Bit / ASUS Z87-PRO / Intel i7 4770K 3.5Ghz / 16 Gb DDR3 2400 / 500 Gb SSD + 3 Tb HDD / WH16NS40 BluRay Burner