Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Key Frame Attributes - Doesn't include Masks?
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
I have been successfully copying key frame attributes via copy and paste to a number of slides including scale and motion etc but it seems that mask attributes don't copy across.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Philwizzer123 -

You're not missing anything. Masks & some other applied properties don't come under the "copy/paste keyframes" banner.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Copy Paste KF.png]
 Filename
Copy Paste KF.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
340 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2014 22:46

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
dimsandwich [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2017 09:17 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
So, anyone have any ideas how to copy a mask from one clip to another.

I have 50 clips, all 30 seconds long. I want the same mask on all of them. There is no "apply to all" option in the mask designer?

I'm using powerdirector 15. Do I need to go back to VSDC :o(

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2017 15:27

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So, anyone have any ideas how to copy a mask from one clip to another.

I have 50 clips, all 30 seconds long. I want the same mask on all of them. There is no "apply to all" option in the mask designer?

I'm using powerdirector 15. Do I need to go back to VSDC :o(

Why dont you create yourself a mask in something like Paint. Make the mask and save it as a .png file. It should be a .png file because a .PNG file maintains it's transparancy. Then just place it below the track where you need the mask. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
dimsandwich [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Shadowman, I'll see if I can do that. Not sure how successful I'll be as the mask I'm using is like a feathered edge round an inset video. No idea how I'd create that as a png but I can try......

Would be way easier to just have PD had some sort of right click option that said "copy attributes" and then present a little tick list of the attributes of a clip which could be selected/deselected by the user. Hey ho, I guess that's one for the suggestions (waste of time) box :o)
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Shadowman, I'll see if I can do that. Not sure how successful I'll be as the mask I'm using is like a feathered edge round an inset video. No idea how I'd create that as a png but I can try......

Would be way easier to just have PD had some sort of right click option that said "copy attributes" and then present a little tick list of the attributes of a clip which could be selected/deselected by the user. Hey ho, I guess that's one for the suggestions (waste of time) box :o)

Upload an image of the mask you want use so we can see exactly what you need.

EDIT:

Have a look here and see if something like this would meet your needs. When you place it in track two, or whatever, highlight it and use the "modify" button to experiment with it. Because the mask has only edges, if you want, you can uncheck maitain aspect ratio and make the shape change.
[Thumb - masktest2.png]
 Filename
masktest2.png
[Disk]
 Description
Mask in Paint.net
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
53 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 25. 2017 08:02

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
dimsandwich [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again Shadowman. That was a big help.

I was able to do what you suggested and was able to use your png to border the inset video.

I then tried messing with your .png but can't seem to figure out a way of making it a feathered edge..

I attached a snapshot of what I'm trying to achieve. Any more tips gratefully received but don't bust a gut......

Really appreciate what you've done so far.
dimsandwich [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks again Shadowman. That was a big help.

I was able to do what you suggested and was able to use your png to border the inset video.

I then tried messing with your .png but can't seem to figure out a way of making it a feathered edge..

I attached a snapshot of what I'm trying to achieve. Any more tips gratefully received but don't bust a gut......

Really appreciate what you've done so far.
[Thumb - porkcam.png]
 Filename
porkcam.png
[Disk]
 Description
InsetVid
 Filesize
2167 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)