Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 Trial Version -- SVRT and Smart Rendering
Jamon47 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2014 11:35 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded the trial version and loaded on the timeline 4 clips unedited (straight out of the camera) from my Sony camera.

The 4 clips are all AVCHD 1080p60 (28Mb/s) with a total duration of close to 2 minutes (1:57)

The computer is a 4th generation Intel 4 core PC, 16G ROM, NVDIA GeForce GT 740M and Win 8.1

In the Edit View I added the SVRT track which displayed a solid red bar.

In the Production View I clicked the Intelligent SVRT button on the Standard 2D Tab and the dialog screen displayed with a video profile suggestion auto selected by SVRT... but I can't Apply it as the button is grayed out, only the Details and Cancel buttons are active.

So I manually selected AVC-H,264 and the AVC 1920x1080/60p 28Mb/s profile and hit the Start Production button. The rendering took 1min37sec. The cursor moved at a steady speed except for a brief pause at the beginning of each clip.

It seems to me that no Smart Rendering was used for this production.

Is Smart Rendering available on the trial version? I so, what do I need to do to activate it?

Regards
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I downloaded the trial version and loaded on the timeline 4 clips unedited (straight out of the camera) from my Sony camera.

The 4 clips are all AVCHD 1080p60 (28Mb/s) with a total duration of close to 2 minutes (1:57)

The computer is a 4th generation Intel 4 core PC, 16G ROM, NVDIA GeForce GT 740M and Win 8.1

In the Production View I clicked the Intelligent SVRT button on the Standard 2D Tab and the dialog screen displayed with a video profile suggestion auto selected by SVRT... but I can't Apply it as the button is grayed out, only the Details and Cancel buttons are active.

So I manually selected AVC-H,264 and the AVC 1920x1080/60p 28Mb/s profile and hit the Start Production button. The rendering took 1min37sec. The cursor moved at a steady speed except for a brief pause at the beginning of each clip.

Is Smart Rendering available on the trial version? I so, what do I need to do to activate it?

Regards

Check out the trial spec: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector-ultra/download_en_US.html

If you attach a 5 second video sample (point, record and upload) from your camera (state make and model please) and attach it to your reply, members can check out the clip and give further SVRT options to you.
Post Reply link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/31517.page

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 06. 2014 12:20

[Post New]
Quote: I downloaded the trial version and loaded on the timeline 4 clips unedited (straight out of the camera) from my Sony camera.

Regards

I did test with video now created in the same profile that you posted, (Camcorder Sony HDR-CX 220) SVRT works perfectly, see the picture and compare with PD12 on your PC, you have the same profiles.

Your Video

[Thumb - svrtsony.png]
 Filename
svrtsony.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
735 time(s)
[Thumb - rx100.png]
 Filename
rx100.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
612 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 06. 2014 14:27

Jamon47 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Regards

Check out the trial spec: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector-ultra/download_en_US.html

If you attach a 5 second video sample (point, record and upload) from your camera (state make and model please) and attach it to your reply, members can check out the clip and give further SVRT options to you.
Post Reply link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/31517.page

Dafydd

Thanks Dafydd for your feedback to this post and to my other one.
I checked out the trial specs again (I have done it before) and it seems to me to be fine with my PC config... but I am not a very technical guy !!
I have done the trial tests with my Sony RX100.
Regards
 Filename
Sony RX100.MTS
[Disk]
 Description
Sony RX100 in AVCHD 1080p60-28Mb/s
 Filesize
20544 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
197 time(s)
Jamon47 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Regards

I did test with video now created in the same profile that you posted, (Camcorder Sony HDR-CX 220) SVRT works perfectly, see the picture and compare with PD12 on your PC, you have the same profiles.

Your Video

Thanks Playsound for having test my RX100 file.
Your test shows a SVRT track all green.
As you will see below with my PD12 trial setup the SVRT track is all red !!
That's probably why I do not have access to the SVRTY Apply button in the Produce View...
It may very well have to do with how my preferences are setup in the gear view.
Any suggestions?
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
64 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
143 time(s)
davezub [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2014 16:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry don't want to dilute this thread, but I seem to have the same/similar issue with the trial version. I have am AMD A10-5800L with a Radeon HD7660D, latest Catalyst Drivers 13.12 with Accelerated Video Conversion on. In PD12 I have hardware acceleration Enable OCL, and Enable hardware decoding on and Produce I ave both Options checked. I have watched PDTools' Power Director 11 - Hardware Acceleration & Fast Video Rendering Tech... video and for the life of me the Fast Video rendering Technology is greyed out on MP4, etc...

I've read http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12777&prodId=4 and I think it is a little out of date...

Note: Accelerated video encoding on AMD graphics cards requires the user to install the AMD Media Codec Package, also known as the Avivo™ Package. This package is available as an optional download when obtaining an AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver for AMD desktop graphics and notebook graphics products, available at www.amd.com.

I think the AMD Media Codec Package is no longer supported or can be downloaded at AMD. Seems like it should work but It does not.I've read here that some people don;t like SVRT and turn it off in some situations. I need to evaluate whether this is a good option for my requirements.

Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is Smart Rendering available on the trial version? I so, what do I need to do to activate it?

Previous trials only supported SVRT on MPEG2 footage. If you want to play with SVRT, you might try rendering your H.264 to MPEG2 and then play with SVRT in the PD12 trial and see if it works. I have not verified for PD12 trial, but what I state was true for other trials. The real details of what's supported in trials has always been a bit nebulas, for PD10 it was highlighted here http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12825&prodId=4&prodVerId=930

•Intelligent SVRT available on MPEG-2 video source format only
•Intelligent SVRT is only applied to video after watermark displayed

Jeff
davezub [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2014 16:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff,

I rendered to MPEG2 and SVRT now is working, thanks for the tip. Cyberlink should update the docs on what is what not supported in the trial. Thanks for the help. Hopefully if the trial works well I will purchase and hopefully svrt will display on MPEG4.

Hmmm, spoke to soon can't select Hardware Video Encoder.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2014 20:56

Jamon47 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Is Smart Rendering available on the trial version? I so, what do I need to do to activate it?

Previous trials only supported SVRT on MPEG2 footage. If you want to play with SVRT, you might try rendering your H.264 to MPEG2 and then play with SVRT in the PD12 trial and see if it works. I have not verified for PD12 trial, but what I state was true for other trials. The real details of what's supported in trials has always been a bit nebulas, for PD10 it was highlighted here http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12825&prodId=4&prodVerId=930

•Intelligent SVRT available on MPEG-2 video source format only
•Intelligent SVRT is only applied to video after watermark displayed

Jeff

You are right on Jeff.

I loaded a new project with an old MPEG2 file (6 minute long) un-modified and voila the SRVT track was all green, except for the first 5 seconds that were red. In the Produce View I clicked Intelligent SRVT and it recommended a MPEG2 profile and the Apply button was active. I clicked it and the system automatically selected Fast Video Rendering Technology / SVRT... and the system raced through the rendering... in 12 seconds !! This was obviously Smart Rendered.

I did a second test. I split the 6 min clip in 2 places and removed the mid section. I repeated the previous procedure and it raced through the rendering in 11 sec with a brief pause at the split point.

In summary, the PD12 trial version Smart Rendering does not work with h.264 files but works with MPEG2 files (maybe other ones too).