Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youcam lags when auto exposure is turned off.. PLEASE HELP!
Danny1991 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2013 22:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Ok so I was messing with some settings and can't exactly pinpoint what I did wrong but whenever I have exposure set on 0 without auto checked I have amazing clarity and picture but terrible frame rate performance. And whenever I have auto checked, the frame rate is smooth but the picture quality degrades and I can see some static whenever I use my web cam. My computer is more than capable of handling great framerate and picture quality because I had it until I screwed with the settings. I have returned to default but no luck. Can someone please help me with this problem?
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
How about turn on "Auto lighting" and keep auto exposure checked? Is the picture clear to you?

Suggest try update your webcam driver, because usually auto exposure works perfect for most lighting condition.
Danny1991 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2013 22:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How about turn on "Auto lighting" and keep auto exposure checked? Is the picture clear to you?

Suggest try update your webcam driver, because usually auto exposure works perfect for most lighting condition.

My webcam driver is up to date. Do you have any lag when you have auto exposure unchecked? If you check and then uncheck, you can see the difference in picture quality. When auto exposure is checked you can notice the screen turning fuzzy if you look closely enough. I just like the picture better with auto exposure unchecked.

I just wish it wouldn't lag.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
>>Do you have any lag when you have auto exposure unchecked?
Yes. I can see the lag when move exposure bar to left.

>>If you check and then uncheck, you can see the difference in picture quality. When auto exposure is checked you can notice the screen turning fuzzy if you look closely enough.
No. I cannot tell the quality difference.
livani [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2013 18:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
if you have problems in your software Youcam, tester your webcam and find error in your drivers , and you can tester your webcam online with http://www.test-cam.com