Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best way to capture any online video stream? Why would AVI play synched then get unsynced in PD12?
Darp1 [Avatar]
Member Location: USA Joined: Nov 18, 2013 10:13 Messages: 122 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Am in TV news business. Using Fair use we need to capture a lot of news vids. On YouTube, easy, YTD works super. But many other sites such a RealClearPolitics, ABC, etc. do not work in YTD. Spent quit a bit of time today researching and came up with Debut Video Capture, and got it.

The concept is playing the video on the PC and it captures the video and audio. It worked just fine. However although it outputted a AVI that would played just fine in WinMedia when I put it in PD12 the audio lagged the video by 5 secs after 30 secs. I do remember a warning about FPS speed being different or something like that. Common mesg that has not caused problem before. And outputted as MP$ and still audio lag in WinMedia player.

1. !st ?, anyone can suggest a really good way/product to capture any video stream from PC at 100% quality. Am newbie at doing it.

2. If its a frame rate problem (its 29.97 and PD wants to do 30fps), what can you do about it.

This is the video I captured http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/11/25/mark_halperin_obamacare_contains_death_panels.html

Thanks in advance, Darp
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Spent quit a bit of time today researching and came up with Debut Video Capture, and got it.
The concept is playing the video on the PC and it captures the video and audio. It worked just fine. However although it outputted a AVI that would played just fine in WinMedia when I put it in PD12 the audio lagged the video by 5 secs after 30 secs.

1. 1st, anyone can suggest a really good way/product to capture any video stream from PC at 100% quality?

Debut was tested here, but supplanted by a FREE app that's more straightforward and, in my opinion, less buggy.
http://ohsoft.net/product_ocam.php Click on CODECS and test several. Start with standard Mp4
When installing, UNcheck offers to change your home page, apply a search engine, etc.

2. If its a frame rate problem (its 29.97 and PD wants to do 30fps), what can you do about it?

Ignore that prompt.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Nov 26. 2013 23:53

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Darp1 -

YTD only works with YT, as you know.

I use Waterfox (the 64-bit version of Mozilla Firefox) as my main browser. It has an add-on I use called Download Helper which works with many sites, including http://www.realclearpolitics.com

On many sites, it gives you the option of what resolution/quality to download.

Might be worth considering.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you both, will try those downloaders out.

I am going to send the debut downloaded avi video that plays synced in player, but as soon as inside PD the audio desyncs to Support, quite the mystery.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2013 13:39

[Post New]
Have you tried Real Player Downloader? It's bundled in the latest versions of Real Player. Most sites I've tried it on it works, and can pull down in full quality.

I don't often have a need for it and I uninstalled it after upgrading to Win 8.1, but it's worth taking a look at. PowerDirector 10 Ultra
Dell XPS Studio - i7 3.4 GHz / 8 GB RAM / Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ocam, solved the problem, the timing issue went away and the quality looks excellent. Just copied the small window and on playback after converting it to MP4 thru PD12 on full screen it still looked decent.

That timing issue was hard to figure (with Debut producing correct AVI, but PD12 desyncing the sound slower), but it now non-issue as went away with Ocam. Just did it, so hope have not spoke too fast. Its very simply and see no faults so far. Unlike the 20 or so looked into.

If any problems arise will check outthe othertwo people wer kind enough to post.

BTW how see Ocam and Debut is they really do not care who the provider is as they are just capturing what is playing on the screen. By the way a friend went to the first demo realplayer ever did and told me that day, back in the Jurassic period.

Thanks All!
Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can find nothing oCam can not download. Which makes sense, it is just copying what is playing on screen, not talking to website.

The only ding can give it, is no documentation to the best of my knowledge, but so simple have been able to use it without docs. And there are 2 YouTubes out there by users.

Great product, and no video degrade that can see from original.