Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crossfade
Granet123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2013 23:03 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I've strung a number of video clips together, most of them joined with a Crossfade. I have cropped some of the clips at the beginning of the video, which eliminates the Crossfade. I want to add the Crossfade back in.

I've tried dragging the clip over top again, but that removes the Crossfade with the clip after it, which means I'd have to drag every clip in the video to create Crossfades again. I've tried dragging the clip to another track and making it longer by slowing it down, but when I drag it back onto the main track it won't Crossfade at each end.

Is there a way to remove part of a clip and still be able to have a Crossfade at each end without having to move every clip in the video?

The best solution so far is to add a transition, but I don't like them as much as Crossfades.

Thank you!
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I want to add the Crossfade back in.

I've tried dragging the clip over top again, but that removes the Crossfade with the clip after it, which means I'd have to drag every clip in the video to create Crossfades again

Cross fades can be added to all clips, using a single action. See if it accomplishes what you need. Click the dotted square...

[Thumb - 1.jpg]
 Filename
1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
426 time(s)

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Nov 18. 2013 23:50

Granet123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2013 23:03 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Borgus, thank you, very helpful.

A link to a good video in case anyone is searching for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhmUYIBcx1I

My Crossfades (when I dragged the clip) were defaulting to Overlap, by going to Modify and changing to Cross I can change the transition length without effecting the overall video length.