Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues with powerdirector 12
Erik79 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2013 17:52 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

Hopefully you can help me with some issues I have with PD12 ultimate. I bought it a few weeks ago and had no problem using it. Produced a few nice movies I made while wreckdiving. So far so good..

Now two major things happened; windows 8.1 got installed here, I patched PD12 with latest patches (2230). NOw first production would not be finished (random crash somehwere in the process). So I rolled back my version to 2209 this morning. This seemed to work fine, but hey, now I got this bar in my screen that would say: rendering.... And it would make editing a movie painstkingly slow and annoying. Also; a movie I had already edited but that failed to produce all the time (with 2230) was now produced, but the music would hickup dring watching at the point that cut scenes would change.

I got this I7 mobile processor, 8GB ram and a geforce 680m gfx card. Before patching and Win 8.1 everything did work fine, so I dont'think hardware is the problem here.

Hope someone can help me, because at this moment I can not use the software, the editing is so slow it it really unworkable.
Kind regards,

Erik
geoffdown1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: somewhere in Devon,England Joined: Oct 29, 2013 04:45 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
sounds like ur graphics driver if u have NVidia driver 311.65 roll it back 1 as it was doing this to me I rolled back to previous driver and all well with mine Director suite 2
win 8.1
msi cx61 laptop
i7 haswell 4702MQ @2.2GHz
8GB of ram
1TB hard drive
Geforce GT 740M 2GB
Camera sony hx100v