Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
missing fix/enhance button
jerrydy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2013 04:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
When I select a clip on the timeline, the fix/enhance button doesn't show. When I unlink the video and audio, the fix/enhance button appears when I click the video track, but the button doesn't appear when I select the audio track. Any reason why it won't let me use fix/enhance for my audio clips? More specifically, I'd like to use the audio denoise feature of the fix/enhance to get rid of the background wind noise in my clips.

Thank you!

-Jerry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2013 04:28

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I select a clip on the timeline, the fix/enhance button doesn't show. When I unlink the video and audio, the fix/enhance button appears when I click the video track, but the button doesn't appear when I select the audio track. Any reason why it won't let me use fix/enhance for my audio clips? More specifically, I'd like to use the audio denoise feature of the fix/enhance to get rid of the background wind noise in my clips.
Thank you!
-Jerry

Hi jerrydy,
What you're seeing shouldn't be happening. There are a couple of things i'd like you to check/observe.

1. Open PDR12
2. Drag the Nature.wmv to the time line/track 1
3. You state the fix/enhance button doesn't appear - has it now appeared?
4. Moving your cursor above the track, does that make the button appear? Wiggle your cursor arrow all over the place where the buttons should be.
5. If you have the button appear after a good "wiggle", then the issue is to do with your graphic card and not a lot can be done. many of us have had this refresh issue. Shrink the interface to the taskbar and call it back up should display all the interface correctly.
6. If none of the above works, please provide the following, diagnostic and image of the Edit Workspace, full screen. The guides Part A, B, E & F will help you. Follow the link for more info: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

Dafydd
jerrydy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,
I followed your instructions steps 1 and 2, the fix/enhance buttons shows correctly. In fact, I have used fix/enhance in a different project editing the same video files I'm editing for this project. I tried doing the wiggle, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Part A: PowerDirector Trial 12.0.2109.0

I've attached the DxDiag files (both 32 and 64 bit) compressed as a rar file.
 Filename
JerryDxDiag.rar
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag 32 and 64 bit
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
295 time(s)
jerrydy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've attached 3 different images.

1. Partial screenshot of where the fix/enhance button should be with both video and audio clips selected (fix/enhance button doesn't show)
2. Partial screenshot of where the fix/enhance button should be with video clip selected (fix/enhance button shows)
3. Partial screenshot of where the fix/enhance button should be with audio clip selected (fix/enhance button doesn't show)

Hope this helps! Thank you!
[Thumb - nofixenhancevideoaudioselected.jpg]
 Filename
nofixenhancevideoaudioselected.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Video/audio clip selected
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
263 time(s)
[Thumb - nofixenhanceaudioselected.jpg]
 Filename
nofixenhanceaudioselected.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Audio clip selected
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
261 time(s)
[Thumb - nofixenhancevideoselected.jpg]
 Filename
nofixenhancevideoselected.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Video clip selected
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
262 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Dafydd,
I followed your instructions steps 1 and 2, the fix/enhance buttons shows correctly. In fact, I have used fix/enhance in a different project editing the same video files I'm editing for this project. I tried doing the wiggle, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Part A: PowerDirector Trial 12.0.2109.0

I've attached the DxDiag files (both 32 and 64 bit) compressed as a rar file.

Hi jerrydy,
Observation.
Your graphic card drivers are a year old. That's not a problem to worry about here.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I've attached 3 different images.

1. Partial screenshot of where the fix/enhance button should be with both video and audio clips selected (fix/enhance button doesn't show)
2. Partial screenshot of where the fix/enhance button should be with video clip selected (fix/enhance button shows)
3. Partial screenshot of where the fix/enhance button should be with audio clip selected (fix/enhance button doesn't show)

Hope this helps! Thank you!

hi jerrydy,
What you have happening is normal, you have separated the video from the audio.

The "issue" is replicated by right clicking on the Nature.wmv and selecting to "Unlink" the files. From then on the two are treated as two distinct media. The video when selected displays the Fix/Enhance options. The audio tracked file when clicked/selected displays the Edit Audio option, to either WaveEditor or AudioEditor. The trial has neither available to it, just the Edit Audio button.

If you wish to link the files, see if this can be achieved by highlighting both audio and video clips and right click. Select "Link Audio & Video" in the dialogue box. Joining the files may be possible - the image you have provided appears to use previously linked files.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2013 12:09

jerrydy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Yes, the video and audio are from the same video file. I have relinked both video and audio but the fix/enhance button is still missing. When I click at any clip in my project, I see 4 buttons:
1. Use Magic Tools in your production
2. Split
3. Remove the selected clip
4. More features

I've used the audio denoise feature in previous projects and trying to find it here. Is there a way to do audio denoise if the fix/enhance button won't show?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 01. 2013 12:19

[Post New]
Quote: When I select a clip on the timeline, the fix/enhance button doesn't show. When I unlink the video and audio, the fix/enhance button appears when I click the video track, but the button doesn't appear when I select the audio track. Any reason why it won't let me use fix/enhance for my audio clips? More specifically, I'd like to use the audio denoise feature of the fix/enhance to get rid of the background wind noise in my clips.

Thank you!

-Jerry

I think this case is the same as has already been posted before, this related to visual separation between audio and video in the timeline, disables editing tools.
The interim solution to separate the audio from the video or delete clip leaving the gap, re-add the same clip.
In my view the problem happens to reopen a previously saved project.

"related topics:"

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29997.page

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30448.page

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30433.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2013 12:58

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
jerrydy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi playsound,
This worked! I added a clip at the very end of my video, and the fix/enhance button now shows (although ONLY for that clip), but I was able to use the apply all button to audio denoise the whole movie.

Strictly speaking though, I didn't want to denoise the entire movie, but this is better than not being to denoise any of my existing clips.

Thank you!

-Jerry
1rlmosk2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2010 16:15 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem as Jerry. I never unlinked my audio and video clips and yet when I go back in to work on a project most of the clips look like they have been unlinked but they are not. When a clip is unlinked and then you click on the video or audio section, only the video or audio section is highlighted. Even though my clips looked unlinked, both parts stay highlighted. I'm working on a big project and right now I'm selecting video clips I may want to use. I want to go back later and then possibly use all the editing features that PD12 offers. Can't do it if the program won't allow me to. I've attached my DxDiag files plus 2 screen shots. I've already put in a couple of weeks work on this project and have many more weeks to go. I'd hate to have to start all over again. Is there a way to correct this problem in the project I'm already working on and is there a way to prevent it from happening again?

When I first started the project everything worked fine. Nothing was looking like it was unlinked. The clips would change after I had saved the project and then reopened it later.

Hopefully you have a solution.

Thanks.

Linda
 Filename
LindaMoskowitzDxDiag Files.zip
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag files and screen shots
 Filesize
1477 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
339 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
This is most DEFINITELY a bug! I do not throw that term around lightly.
This has happened to me several times, and never in a previous version of PD.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
1rlmosk2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I forgot to say what version of the program I have. I have the Power Director 12 Ultimate Suite, Version 12.0.2230.0, SR VDE131028-01.

In the meantime, I also found out something interesting. I enlarged my timeline so a single clip goes clear across the screen so I can see the detail of the clip. It seems that something threw off the sync of the audio and video. Maybe if it happened to one clip and then it makes it happen to all the clips. I don't know how. When I trim a clip by trimming it either in the beginning or the end I always have the program move ALL the timeline clips on all tracks. How does the audio and/or video part of the clip become separated when I didn't unlink it?

Interesting.

Linda

[Thumb - PD12 Screen Shot.3.PNG]
 Filename
PD12 Screen Shot.3.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Screen shot
 Filesize
662 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
218 time(s)
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: This is most DEFINITELY a bug! I do not throw that term around lightly.
This has happened to me several times, and never in a previous version of PD.

Ditto Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

[Post New]
Quote: I am having the same problem as Jerry. I never unlinked my audio and video clips and yet when I go back in to work on a project most of the clips look like they have been unlinked but they are not. When a clip is unlinked and then you click on the video or audio section, only the video or audio section is highlighted. Even though my clips looked unlinked, both parts stay highlighted. I'm working on a big project and right now I'm selecting video clips I may want to use. I want to go back later and then possibly use all the editing features that PD12 offers. Can't do it if the program won't allow me to. I've attached my DxDiag files plus 2 screen shots. I've already put in a couple of weeks work on this project and have many more weeks to go. I'd hate to have to start all over again. Is there a way to correct this problem in the project I'm already working on and is there a way to prevent it from happening again?

When I first started the project everything worked fine. Nothing was looking like it was unlinked. The clips would change after I had saved the project and then reopened it later.

Hopefully you have a solution.

Thanks.

Linda

This problem came with PD12, I already asked for help to Cyberlink support but so far nothing.
I tried to add transitions to all clip, first, (always use Overlap transition to disguise the audio) already realized it is with these that the error.
Doing so does not solve 100% but it helps.
If it can do all the editing, leaving only the transitions to the final step, is what I esperimentar the next project. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
1rlmosk2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I haven't even gotten that far yet. I've not added any editing to my clips yet except trimming them as I add them to my timeline. How am I supposed to work on a big project if this happens? Last night I went back to some of the clips in my timeline that had been "unlinked" and readjusted the audio and video so they line up and then re-linked them. I saved the work. This morning I went back in and called up that project and all the work I did was undone.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

I know this sounds odd but for the clips this happens to I may have found a solution (albeit a temporary one).

Right Click and Unlink Video and Audio

This workaround has worked for me! Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

1rlmosk2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. That will work as a temporary workaround. Hopefully, Cyberlink will fix the problem. So much money to spend on software and not have it work properly.
Thanks again, Neil.

Linda
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
AGAIN!!! I just had my entire timeline A/V un-linked.
This BUG is not even mentioned in the Betas, and it's a serious flaw in the program. This MUST get some attention, and now, darn it. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
2013-12-25 - Updates PowerDirector 12 to build 2420
says correct this error and others
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 26. 2013 09:38

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
HansR [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Allen, TX Joined: Jan 15, 2015 16:07 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
This chain is about a year old but I came across it because I was running into this exact issue with PD 13, with the latest patch.

It is unlinking audio and video and when I am trimming or deleting clips, the audio and video go completely out of synch. I have found no fix for this. VERY frustrating and is tempting me to go back to PD8 (my last version which, while not perfect, had very few bugs and was pretty darn stable).

An old problem that has reappeared?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 22. 2015 01:05

Hans R
i7-920, 12GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 780
Windows 7 64bit