Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lighting Adjustment
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Fix & Enhance/Lighting Adjustment
I seem to need to use this excellent feature on most of the stills that I incorporate within a video even though the original pictures are mostly OK with regards to lighting. Is this a normal experience of users of PD and are there any special precautions one needs to take following adjustment eg sharpening? My eyesight is not so great so its difficult for me to tell if the picture is 'best sharp'.

Also I notice that any sound on Track 1 drops the levels of the lower tracks. When Track 1 is silent the other track volumes increase. Maybe this is just my impression but is it a feature in association with the priorities of Track 1.

Would appreciate some comment from our experts.
Thanks Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
cuartetto [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 28, 2011 20:22 Messages: 168 Offline
[Post New]
This may or may not be your problem, but I had a similar problem. It turned out that the sound card on my computer was set for Automatic Level Control. When I turned off the ALC everything was fine. You'll find these setting on your sound card setup.
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your comment. As far as I can determine my sound cards do not have ALC set. Perhaps I mislead in my post because I am thinking the lower track volume reduction is a great idea! So if it stays on my machine ... great

Do you have any advice ref my other query on lighting adjustments?
Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
cuartetto [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 28, 2011 20:22 Messages: 168 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have any ideas on your lighting. I'm sure the experts will help you.

To determine if your sound card has ALC, open another editor program and see if you get the same effect as you get in PD.

I was just certain that PD had ALC, but I found out I was wrong. The lower audio timelines shouldn't give you reduced volume, as far as I know. Perhaps others have another idea.
RonH
[Post New]
Can't track anything obvious ... other sound programmes I use seem to be stable. But, since I appear to have this 'PD feature' of lower track auto level adjustment, I'm gonna hang in there. It's great for what I do

Yep, I do hope that someone can advise regarding 'lighting adjustment'.

Thanks for taking time out.
Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)