Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3-D Editing
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kikkeri -

What Dafydd meant was to provide some raw clips DIRECTLY from the camera, as in:
1. Shoot video
2. Transfer to PC
3. Attach to forum reply

When any video (even if it's unedited) is uploaded to YouTube (or any other social media site), it's processed by the site. That means what you're viewing is no longer exactly the same as the raw clip DIRECTLY from your camera.

Cheers - Tony

Simultaneously saying the same thing Jaime!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2011 12:30

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Kikkeri;
Do NOT use the "Quick Reply" box, click the "POST REPLY" button and you will see the <ATTACHMENTS> button.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2011 12:32

[Post New]
Okay..here`s the attachment. Why no said this earlier ;)
 Filename
Produce_3.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16349 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
300 time(s)
[Post New]
Okay..heheh..NOW its raw and uncut as heck :))
 Filename
20110131223148[1].MTS
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32640 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
441 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, that's what was needed, thank you, darn it's not posted on the new 3D thread. ha ha. See link below.

James, I'll look for your sample as the first one on there.

Thanks Tony... different angle, different way and the message was understood. I don't use the term "raw" for video as it has different meanings for still camera users and my son will tell me so.

Thanks for the mts file, excellent.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/18211.page#93673

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 25. 2011 13:27

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Kikkeri

Does this require a 3D compatible monitor? I was expecting left/right views since I don't have one, but I'm just seeing the 2D video. Does it come with any basic editing software? I am curious if this is the only option, or if you can save it to a passive format, like anaglyph or polarized, if you choose.

Looked the camera up at Sony and looks interesting. I was hoping to be able to tinker with the video. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jaime,

If this is wrong, no doubt I will be quickly chastised, but I believe you require a 3D capable monitor and a 3D capable graphics card.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
My system has a 3D graphic card but the monitor is just LCD and my graphics is 3D capable. I can vew certain types of 3
d images through my system when I enable it.
This is the 3D using the colored glasses blu and red (?). This 3D concept varies with the movies format. some 3D use different colors, some use different polarizing glasses (not sure of the terminology).
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
So far only way to been viewing this 3-D footage in actual 3-D mode, is to view results from the cameras own LCD which shows all the 3d stuff like it should... Currently looking for other portable option too...
[Post New]
3-D without glasses is pretty hard to find. The first laptop comes out next month. http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/05/toshiba-reveals-the-qosmio-f750-glasses-free-3d-laptop-we-go-ha/ There is some software out there that claims to enable 3-D viewing but does it work in 3-D editing, I doubt. Anyway. As there`s currently one 3d channel in whole of Europe, I have a feeling you will have time to jump the band wagon. If you think the immerse, vast, humongous footage libraries shot up until to this date to be replaced by 3-D, now there`s a job of which the ones running around and shooting this new format footage, can truly benefit..
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
found this for explaining a bit about 3-D formats, don't know if it is relevant or not
http://gopro.com/3d-ways-to-watch-3d/
It is info for GoPro but pertains to 3-D systems

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2011 10:42

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
This is indeed existing stuff, but as I was on my request, I was more interested in options that require no additional glasses. For the editing Id assume there could be also somehow possible way to edit the material using the 3-D LCD.. its for the guys doing the code.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
PowerDirector 9 doesn't Edit/output 3D footage ... so this thread has wandered off PD somewhat and will have to stop soon please.

Google 3d monitors and see what pops up.

I know my graphics card can cope (edit and play) with 3D, as I'm sure many of the cards used by senior editors here can. Viewing and interpreting a 3D video on a 2D monitor will require one of the 3D type glasses suitable to interpret the 3D being played. For example Anaglyph will be red/blue (cyan). There are a number of 3D formats around which display video significantly differently to each other.