Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Edit the Length of a Title?
Robtech [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NA Joined: Sep 21, 2013 09:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I cant believe how simple of a question this is but to save my life I cannot find the answer ANYWHERE?

Question:
How do you edit the overall length of the TITLE?

Every new title I create the title length is always 8 seconds!!! ALWAYS, even when I drag the end timeline down to 5 seconds it continues for another 3 seconds till the 8 marker and shows blank title.

Please tell me im not going crazy and the solution is right in front of me?

Thanks for the help!
[Thumb - edittitlelength.JPG]
 Filename
edittitlelength.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
148 time(s)
Howdy!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
First you can change the default length of Titles in Preferences > Editing, change the default time for Title. If you want all your titles to be 5 seconds, put 5 seconds in the box.

Second you can change the length of a title (not in Title Designer) on the Timeline, Select the title (click on it), on top of the timeline is Duration button, Click and change the length of the title, click OK when done.

Third method, on the Timeline, select the title, point with your mouse near the end to get the double arrows, drag to new length.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2013 12:00

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

RAWeber1968 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2014 17:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, old thread, but - either of the second two methods mentioned also change the rate of the animation in the title. Is there a way to trim the end off of a title without changing the rate that the animation in the title displays (in this case, just a text effect)?

I'd just as soon not have to delete my title, select a default title length in the preferences, and then create a new title every time I want a text overlay that's a different length of time. As powerful as this program is, that seems like a pretty blatant overlook.
DWoodsTCR [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Orlando FL Joined: Oct 14, 2017 15:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I cant believe how simple of a question this is but to save my life I cannot find the answer ANYWHERE?

Question:
How do you edit the overall length of the TITLE?

Yes, it seems a bit lame that one cannot simply change the overall length of a title in the title editor. I did find this little trick though.

You can insert a title on the timeline, stretch it to the duration you want then split it. If you do not change the original length the timing on the title will remain the same up to the split point. Then it simply ends. Any features after the split are not included. This segment can then be edited as a title with the new length.

The second part of the split title is like the original but shorter and can also be edited and saved with its new length.

So if you want to make non-linear adjustments to the timing of all the features in a title that is too long do this:

1. Edit the title and adjust the timing of each element as desired.

2. Optionally save as...

3. Insert onto timeline

4. split at desired end time.

5. Edit the first portion of the title from the timeline

6. Save as your adjusted template.

If the new title you wish to create is longer than the original

1. Place the title on the timeline

2. Adjust the length to your desired time

3. Repeat steps starting at 1 from above.

Keep Inventing
AramFingal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2023 19:39 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Feel free to ignore this comment but thanks so much for sharing this workaround. This is a great application but has it's strange quirks for sure. Why you can't save the duration with the template is a baffling choice IMO. Often times if I have too many key frames defined the splice method doesn't work either as it just seems to "give up" trying to sequence it out to less than 10 seconds and just blanks out (my default is set to 10 seconds). I pretty much end up making a title from scratch everytime anyway because the templates are so finicky.

I'm fairly new to it so it's possible I'm doing something wrong but I've been having fun working around these things. Heck, sometimes while trying to figure out a workaround I end up creating something really cool looking.

Yes, it seems a bit lame that one cannot simply change the overall length of a title in the title editor. I did find this little trick though.

You can insert a title on the timeline, stretch it to the duration you want then split it. If you do not change the original length the timing on the title will remain the same up to the split point. Then it simply ends. Any features after the split are not included. This segment can then be edited as a title with the new length.

The second part of the split title is like the original but shorter and can also be edited and saved with its new length.

So if you want to make non-linear adjustments to the timing of all the features in a title that is too long do this:

1. Edit the title and adjust the timing of each element as desired.

2. Optionally save as...

3. Insert onto timeline

4. split at desired end time.

5. Edit the first portion of the title from the timeline

6. Save as your adjusted template.

If the new title you wish to create is longer than the original

1. Place the title on the timeline

2. Adjust the length to your desired time

3. Repeat steps starting at 1 from above.