Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Zoom In effect
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone used this yet?
I was assuming it would allow me to simply choose a section I wanted to zoom in on. Doesn't seem to from juts paying with it unless I am missing something.
Am aware we can zoom otherwise but I thought this might offer more than it seems to. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day wjr002 -

Do you mean the Zoom In effect in the FX room? That's been there since PD9.

True - that effect only allows you to zoom in towards the centre of the screen. It can be keyframes to control the amount & rate of zoom, but not position.

If it's video, then Power Tools > Video Crop is another option. For images - Magic Motion.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Zoom In KF.png]
 Filename
Zoom In KF.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
458 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2013 21:45

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: G'day wjr002 -

Do you mean the Zoom In effect in the FX room? That's been there since PD9.

True - that effect only allows you to zoom in towards the centre of the screen. It can be keyframes to control the amount & rate of zoom, but not position.

If it's video, then Power Tools > Video Crop is another option. For images - Magic Motion.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony.
That's the effect I meant but I hadn't noticed in PD11. There's lots I don't notice.
I thought I had read somewhere about a new zoom in and I assumed that was it.
Shame we can't do position with that effect. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
JohnAlfa [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 17, 2012 08:19 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
If NewBlue Motion is in PD12 there is an effect named Zoom Blur.

If you set the Blend parameter to 0, it eliminates the blur.

You can position it wherever you want.
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: If NewBlue Motion is in PD12 there is an effect named Zoom Blur.

If you set the Blend parameter to 0, it eliminates the blur.

You can position it wherever you want.

Thanks.
I can't locate it.
Looking it up it only mentions PD11. Stand alone for Motion Pack is fairly pricey. http://www.cyberlink.com/products/partner-plug-ins/partner-newblue-motion_en_AU.html

I suppose this goes back to my original question about uninstalling PD11 packs - whether I should have or not. I seem to recall an earthquake effect I had in PD11 that I can't seem to locate now. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
JohnAlfa [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't think any of the NewBlue "Stuff" mentions PD12. It is too new and the web sites have not been updated.

I didn't update to PD12 yet (lots of reported problems) because I could never get an answer re: PD12 keeping NewBlue from PD11.

I never did buy the Motion Pack - I thought it came with PD11.

I did buy Essentials 4,5 and 6 a couple of weeks ago but the ones I am interested in don't work as advertised but since I spent the money, I wont to keep them in PD12.

Did you update and lose effects?
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Did you update and lose effects?

Lots of new ones but can't see any that I used that aren't there. Except maybe Earthquake. I might have been using a different effect though. I'd need to open an old project to tell.

I definitely can't see any of the the NewBlue Motion effects.
The only listings I have for NewBlue are:
NewBlue Essential Effect I
NewBlue Essential Effect II
NewBlue Essential Effect III

That's with Ultimate Suite.
PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
JohnAlfa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cyberlink doesn't have this right yet. I think I will wait before I upgrade from PD 11 to PD 12!!!!

Looks like they added Essentials 1,2 and 3 but subtracted others.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
It really depends on what version of PD you get. http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultimate-suite/compare_en_CA.html

Is this the Earthquake effect you were talking about?
This is in my PD 11 Ultimate Suite NewBlue Motion directory

R

[Thumb - NewblueMotion.PNG]
 Filename
NewblueMotion.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
198 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
368 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2013 15:24

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys & Gal -

It seems like many of us are having issues with the installation of PD12 on NBFX. I sure am!

PD11 History:
1. Installed PD11 Ultimate Suite - which included Art, Motion & Paint Effects
- these were included with PD11 Ultimate - http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=14953&prodId=4&prodVerId=977
2. Installed Video Essentials I, II & III separately

Current State of NBFX in PD12: - PD11 still installed
1. Motion & Paint Effects from PD11 Ultimate gone!
2. Art Effects (previously fine) misnamed in library
3. Duplicates of Video Essentials I in FX Library
4. Video Essentials II & III are OK - phew!

JohnAlfa - you're right. Someone hasn't got it right yet. To my way of thinking, if I didn't uninstall PD11 Ultimate, the included effects ought to be present... and why do I have duplicates of VE I, but not VE II or III? Looks like we have to do convoluted tricks to get the effects installed correctly.

I think I might follow Nina's lead and re-install PD11 & contents to try to get back the missing NBFX. Ha! I'll probably end up with multiple duplicates of VE.

Quake Effect
wjr002 - Rob mentioned the NB Earthquake effect.

There's also a PD (non-NB) effect called "Quake", which may be the one you're thinking of.

Cheers - Tony

[Thumb - Quake.png]
 Filename
Quake.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
297 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2013 16:53

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Guys!
Earthquake from the Motion pack is what I used in PD11. I can see the Quake one in PD12.

VE I is just called VE in the pane now so it might be why there s a dupe for ynotfish. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.