Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AlphaTransition - make your own for PDR12
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
AlphaTransition - make your own
For those less familiar with what an Alpha Transition is briefly, it's a grey scale still image placed between two video clips creating a merging event/a wipe between both.

You can create your own transitions and place them in PDR12.
To test:
Go to: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector12\AlphaTransition
Make a copy of an image/file in that folder
Rename the file
Open PDR12
Transition room
Locate the new transition.

You'll need to use an Image editor to create your own Alpha Transition or you can download some off the internet.

If you have questions on how to use this feature, please ask by posting on the forum as a New Topic.
Dafydd

[Thumb - SD-2013-02-209.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-209.png
[Disk]
 Description
Replicated Alpha transitions
 Filesize
162 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1148 time(s)
[Thumb - SD-2013-02-211.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-211.png
[Disk]
 Description
Available NEW Alpha Transitions
 Filesize
354 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1118 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 06. 2013 11:36

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Coming soon - Alpha Transitions for you to insert into PDR12
Dafydd
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, Dafydd, you've whet my appetite, but I still want more information on creating our own alpha transitions! I was hoping that each transition was stored on disk as either a multi-paged image file (such as a TIFF file) or a numbered sequence of png's (say, trans_000.png through trans_999.png), but that doesn't seem to be the case.

How's that alpha transition tutorial coming along?

Russell System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd Bevan
That's what I was wanting, but now I'm glad. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
[Post New]
Hello PDR forum members,

If you're interested, I've posted a tutorial, showing how to create your own alpha transitions.

The details are here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38463.page#198169 (though it's technically not a DZ topic).

There's also a fairly useful PDF and some sample images to download.

Thank you,

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Hi PIX
Very good work.
Thank you AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PIX,
Good job now I have an idea where to start....
Thanks
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Within the Transition room, Alpha transition file names are still a problem for end users.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Optodata has created a super video explaining what action to do regarding naming new Alpha Transitions to display correctly in the Transition room. I recomend watching the video and carrying out the simple xml changes to have your Alphas named correctly. Please make sure you back up all data and that includes the New Alphas and the xml to a different location than "Program files".

Links: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38463.page#198279
Visit the thread for more data - worth reading.

Quote: OK - if you want to learn how to give your fancy new Alpha Transition a proper name in the Transitions Room, have I got the video for you

The only thing you'll need to do ahead of time is to download and install a free copy of Microsoft's XML Notepad. You may be able to use another XML editor, but my testing found that they may not all save the XML data in the correct format, and that can completely mess up ALL the transition names You don't want that.

Your next task is to spend 3 minutes watching all the necessary steps and you'll be in new Alpha Transition naming heaven! Here you go!
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
06.09.13 Dafydd Bevan wrote:

Coming soon - Alpha Transitions for you to insert into PDR12
Dafydd

16.10.13 Russell 1967 wrote:

Ok, Dafydd, you've whet my appetite, but I still want more information on creating our own alpha transitions! I was hoping that each transition was stored on disk as either a multi-paged image file (such as a TIFF file) or a numbered sequence of png's (say, trans_000.png through trans_999.png), but that doesn't seem to be the case.
How's that alpha transition tutorial coming along?
Russell

21.04 14 Pix wrote:

If you're interested, I've posted a tutorial, showing how to create your own alpha transitions.

I’m not that in love with transitions – don’t use them that much, but this tutorial is certainly a handy tool
if I want to make something special. I see that giving these transitions “the right name” has been a significant issue (?)
so it’s good to know we have at least one solid techwiz on the forum (optodata), who can also make tutorials how to navigate round in the file-/system- jungle.

Thanks, Pix.

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nina,
Techwiz optodata "found" the right xml due to a fault with NewBlue and the information they supplied to him. Some 7 months ago (when I posted the little bit you've pulled out for your input) I asked CyberLink about the naming issue and didn't receive the data I needed to complete the task, ie the xml file info.

You don't need to be a "Techwiz" to edit xml script, even you can do it

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
For me, Alpha Transitions are not that important in my video editing. They're easy to make use and such. I'm sure editors will have fun making them for a while and then move on to a different place.
Dafydd
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello PDR forum members,

The details are here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38463.page#198169 (though it's technically not a DZ topic).

There's also a fairly useful PDF and some sample images to download.

Thank you,

PIX

Hi PIX
Thats a great little video, thanks for the tips. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Nice job PIX.

_____________________________________________________________________________ Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips