Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
WHY CAN'T I EMAIL FROM YOUCAM
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2008 16:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I JUST PURCHASED THIS NEW LAP TOP IT HAS CYBERLINK YOU CAM ON IT I TRIED IT EVERYTHING TOOK AND IT LOOKED GOOD I TRIED TO EMAIL IT AND NOTHING HAPPENS IT DOES NOT GO OUT WHY? DOES ANYONE KNOW ?
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John,

To e-mail from CyberLink YouCam you need to have a default mail client set up on your PC...like Microsoft Outlook, Express, etc. Once the default mail client is set up, the files that you select will automatically be attached to an e-mail when you click the e-mail button.

If you are using Gmail or Hotmail for e-mailing, i.e. through your web browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox) the e-mail button won't work. You will have to manually attach the files by browsing to the YouCam folder, by default stored in: C:\My Documents\Youcam

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
David
Kim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2008 23:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the exact same problem! I've tried e-mailing a video from AOL, Yahoo, and G-Mail. Then I set up Microsoft Outlook as my default mail client. Took an hour to send it, at least the program said it was sent. I checked with my friend and he never got it. I have no idea what to do, I'm guessing it has to do with the video's formatting.
Kee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2008 05:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just brought the HP laptop with Cyberlink Youcam which I tried to send email with sanp shot photos. It asked me for the Incoming email Server type which I entered "POP3", and also typed in "STMP.comcast.net" for the Outgoing email server name. But I received an error message saying "nnection to the server has failed. Subject 'HP webcam test', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'SMTP.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0ES I asked Comcsat they said all typing may need to be lower case. Now my question is how I can make changes to the server names above in order to type in all lower case wordings. I cannot find them in the Youcam program. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, previous postings say need to have a default mail client configuration done for email photos/video using Youcam. Pls explain how I can check and change my default mail client, and is this my internet provider Comast? Any help is appreciated.
[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2008 15:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Im having the same problems with trying to email from the youcam. Had problems with incoming and outgoing server information. But I still cant send video emails. Can someone suggest what I should do. I contacted HP and aol but no one can help.
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

You should contact your ISP...Internet service provider and get instructions from them on how to set up Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora or what ever mail client you are using.

YouCam just automatically attaches the image or video to your default e-mail client. It does not affect the sending and receiving of e-mail.

Again...if you use e-mail by going to Internet Explorer or Firefox, the e-mail function will not work with those. But you can simply attach your media to the e-mail for this type.

Regards,
David
Kani [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2012 23:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem - can't email videos. I use Outlook 2007, as my default email program - all settings are where they should be with that..

I can record the video, it plays back - everything works in that regard...

But the video can't be emailed...

I have "2" internet connections, my DSL and my wife's T-1, both of which are fast enough to send videos. So it's not an issue with connection speed...

Let's bang the drum and make some noise! And get an answer!!
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kani,

How big are the video attachments you are trying to email? Your ISP may have a size limit for emails. Sometimes it is as small as 10 MB. What is the file format of the video file?

Have you tried manually attaching the video to an email to see if that works?

Regards,

David
Tyomni [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2011 12:31 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Watch this. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/21374.page#114239