Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can't open PDR11 - SOLVED!
Tina9999
Newbie Location: Northern CA Joined: Oct 12, 2012 23:38 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Can no longer open PDR11. Can't open program disc, so cannot re-upload the program. Was one of first to purchase online, when had problems they mailed 2 discs to me with handwritten labels because they had not released the official printed discs yet.

Added an update to a prior stream but no replies, so have opened this as new.

Could not locate any recent Error msgs connected to Cyberlink or PDR11. Recently purchased an external 1-3 burner/duplicator because I finally found out that the problem listed in my prior stream was that the internal dvd burner had burned out. PDR11 stopped opening shortly after purchasing the burner. Deleted some burning software I had added since figured I no longer needed them: IMG Burn, Power2Go9 (trial). Could that affect PDR11?

Also recently re-installed Cyberlink's Tuneup 2013 so have removed & corrected many things.

All help greatly appreciated! Tina999

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 2009
HP Envy 17 Notebook PC Intel(R)Core(tm)i7 CPU Q720@1.60 GHz
Ram: 16 GB 64 Bit op sys
Currently: C drive: 292 GB free of 434 D drive (Media, Docs & Backup): 550 GB free of 931 E (Recovery): 1.4 GB free of 30.96

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 21. 2013 18:47

CyberPower Inc Windows 7
Intel (R) Core (tm) i7-4770K cpu @ 3.50 ghz
64 bit op sys - 32.0 GB RAM
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Can you attach a dxdiag.txt. Did you install any software with the new burner? Is PowerDirector on the C drive? Did you run any clean up software? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Tina9999
[Post New]
Jaime-esque:
Installed Prassi Zulu2, the dvd burn software for Microboards 1-3 ext dvd burner. Then uninstalled when I started having success burning directly from PD11's burn mode to the ext burner. Then that suddenly stopped and I couldn't locate a drive, so re-installed Prassi Zulu, altho I never used it. I need dvds with no menu for public access tv, and most of these dvd burn programs don't seem to offer that option which is why I deleted them.

I also had deleted Acrobat AIR. Back when I first started having problems (see Burning DVD unsuccessful thread) I uploaded all Cyberlink PD patches, upgraded Quicktime, graphics driver, added 16 gbs, took to 2 repair stores several times.

Yes PD11 and all my programs are on C drive. Moved all my video files & documents to D drive after I purchased more GBs for it. Had turned off auto back up to D, but saw alot of error msgs about that, so re-configured to back up to D since I have a lot of space on it now.

Recently ran Window's clean up program and just last night Cyberlink's 2013 Tune Up since was still unable to access PD11.

Ultimately if I should re-install the program, who should I contact to get free upload? My purchase was when it first came out.
Thanks Tina9999
 Filename
Dxdiag Tina9999.txt
[Disk]
 Description
diagnostic
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
373 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 20. 2013 19:56

CyberPower Inc Windows 7
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
"Cyberlink's 2013 Tune Up"
Would you please enlighten me/us on what this is? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I also do not know what CyberLink Tuneup is, nor am I familiar with that particular burning software, but other than that I do not see anything that should cause a conflict. If you do need the original installer you will have to contact support. If you did not buy it from the CyberLink web site you will also have to provide proof of purchase. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James Dotson
[Post New]
You said you updated drivers. The dxdiag shows the graphics driver to be over 2 years old. If you have not updated since you created the file, I would start right there. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Tina9999
[Post New]
BarrytheCrab & Jaime-esque:
TuneUp Utilities 2013 came with the PowerDirector 11 Ultimate package. I never used it until recent issues surfaced.
As for the graphics driver, I downloaded something that I thot was an upgrade, but since my memory is not so fantastic, esp with these type of things, I'll have to research... or just find another upgrade.
Will search for Cyberlink support.
Thanks to both! Tina9999 CyberPower Inc Windows 7
James Dotson
[Post New]
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850

Looks like you may have the same problem that I have. AMD has dropped support for older graphics in recent updates, but if you go to AMD.com and click on 'Support & Drivers', then select 'Notebook Graphics', there is an option to have them auto-detect the card and recommend the correct driver. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Tina9999
[Post New]
Jaime-esque
Thanks, will do!
Tina9999 CyberPower Inc Windows 7
Tina9999
[Post New]
YAY! It worked, guess it was the graphics card after all. Am in middle of producing now.
Thanks so much! Tina9999

about to post another question but since it's unrelated will send as a new topic
CyberPower Inc Windows 7
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I believe she is talking about this utility product. It comes bundled with some software now. I got it with something about 4 months ago but did not install it... didn't see any real need or usefulness of it... this just shows you what it is....

http://softechpark.blogspot.com/2013/06/tuneup-utilities-2013.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 21. 2013 10:05

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Tina9999
[Post New]
Bubba in Tx - yes that is it. I did not use it when I purchased PD11 Ultimate Suite, but when I started running into many issues I tried it. It actually did release a lot of space on my drives, which is one thing I was told I needed to do. It also claims to fix broken connections, but I would not know if that actually happens since I'm not technically that savvy. When I was at the repair shop, they removed it saying it was unnecessary, but I reinstalled because it seems to locate more issues than the Windows 7 clean disk program, and has definitely freed up a lot of space, which was my goal.
Thanks for sharing the link so the other Sr Contributors could see. Maybe someone could mark this thread as SOLVED now? Thanks, Tina9999 CyberPower Inc Windows 7
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Tina you can mark it solved by adding "solved" to your title line....

Glad to hear it was solved... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link