Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video frame rates
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
I have parts of a video that I want to alter the frame rate such that it plays back much slower. I have done this in the past by copying the clip in question and modifying it as a separate video clip and then inserting back in the main movie. This is quite time consuming and requires quite exact positioning in the movie. I wonder if there is a way of modifying the clip in situ. When I try I cannot get the frame speed options to show up, Wonder if anyone has done this.... Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have parts of a video that I want to alter the frame rate such that it plays back much slower. I have done this in the past by copying the clip in question and modifying it as a separate video clip and then inserting back in the main movie. This is quite time consuming and requires quite exact positioning in the movie. I wonder if there is a way of modifying the clip in situ. When I try I cannot get the frame speed options to show up, Wonder if anyone has done this....

Hi kingsmeadow,
RE: "... I cannot get the frame speed options to show up,"
There isn't one to show. PDR11 relies on frame duplication to expand the time the clip displays. The number of frames replicated depends upon the space/time you want the clip to fill.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2013 05:32

kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]

Hi kingsmeadow,
RE: "... I cannot get the frame speed options to show up,"
There isn't one to show. PDR11 relies on frame duplication to expand the time the clip displays. The number of frames replicated depends upon the space/time you want the clip to fill.
Dafydd

Thanks for that, now I understand,,I will continue with a clearer picture Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have parts of a video that I want to alter the frame rate such that it plays back much slower. When I try I cannot get the frame speed options to show up, Wonder if anyone has done this....

Perhaps I am not understanding your intent.

But if a clip is split on the timeline - at the beginning and end of where the speed is to vary - the controls will be enabled for that segment of the clip, and the changes will be applied only to that area.
kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I have parts of a video that I want to alter the frame rate such that it plays back much slower. When I try I cannot get the frame speed options to show up, Wonder if anyone has done this....

Perhaps I am not understanding your intent.

But if a clip is split on the timeline - at the beginning and end of where the speed is to vary - the controls will be enabled for that segment of the clip, and the changes will be applied only to that area.

perfect !, now I have the answers..and a much better idea of what is happening to the frames.

Thanks to you both... Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,