Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CLQTKernelClient32 has stopped working
Tina9999
Newbie Location: Northern CA Joined: Oct 12, 2012 23:38 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Wondering why this error code pops up whenever I open PD11. Attaching the Event Log. Can refer to prior forum thread relating to burning issues, however this is a new problem.
Have recently re-uploaded Quicktime plus latest upgrade since someone said that could be a problem. Have used Cyberlink's Clean Up 2013, so my C drive now has 307 gb free out of 434 gb.
Please advise if you need additional info.
Many thanks! Tina9999
 Filename
Tina9999Eventlog.txt
[Disk]
 Description
CLQTKernelClient32 Event Log
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
381 time(s)
CyberPower Inc Windows 7
Intel (R) Core (tm) i7-4770K cpu @ 3.50 ghz
64 bit op sys - 32.0 GB RAM
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Have recently re-uploaded Quicktime plus latest upgrade since someone said that could be a problem.

Pining this down...
After downloading QT did you save it to the hard drive and double-click it to install? Or did you assume that it self-installed?
If you manually installed QT, did it prompt to UNinstall the existing version, and did you acknowledge YES?

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 16. 2013 18:49

Tina9999
[Post New]
borgus1 - just downloaded Quicktime 7.7.4, chose Repair, which is what I apparently did yesterday too. Just noticed on the Download page it's stated that if this download is replacing QT6 then you need to go to Apple store to purchase a keycode. Since the download option only offered Repair or Remove, I assume this means I was not using QT6 and therefore do not need to purchase... is that correct? Is there any way I can confirm which version I was using originally?
Other suggestions?
Thanks!! Tina9999

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2013 18:56

CyberPower Inc Windows 7
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: borgus1 - truthfully I don't remember, so guess I should reinstall and make sure it saves to Quicktime folder in C drive. Will update you after that is done.

Tina,

A set-up file will install where you tell downloads to go. Often it lands on the Desktop. When that QT set up file is run it will create the Quicktime folder, and lay out the files where they need to be.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2013 18:52

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tina -

That's a strange message you got about going to the Apple Store and purchasing a keycode.

I think it would be a good idea for you to go to the Control Panel & open Programs and Features. Select "QuickTime" and uninstall it.

When that's done, re-install it with the installer you downloaded... http://www.apple.com/au/quicktime/download/

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Tina9999
[Post New]
ok did that, no kernel code when I open PD11. yay! so tried to burn an mpg onto dvd, clicked folder as well as burn to dvd. said dvd was burned successfully but when I insert dvd to computer, just to check, no auto-play. tried to use a program to play it, but said no files on F drive (my dvd drive).
soo... how do I burn from the folder?
thanks, tina CyberPower Inc Windows 7
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tina9999,
well I don't generally burn from PD11..I burn to folder..then either use Nero burning Rom or imgBurn (free) to do the actual DVD burn. Either one does a good job.
Just make sure you select the DVD_rom or DVD_Video choice from the respective programs.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tina -

You seem to be having multiple difficulties! Glad the QT error is gone.

Is your DVD burner functioning correctly using other software? or do you get similar problems?

When you open the DVD folder (My Video), are the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders present? Does the VIDEO_TS folder contain a number of .VOB, .BUP, & .IFO files?

If so, & if you have Power2Go - you do, don't you? - open it and select Burn DVD Folder
- then Browse to locate that "My Video" folder...

Hopefully, soon after that, you'll have a DVD! If not, we may need to look at other possibilities.

Cheers - Tony
Tina9999
[Post New]
Tony (may I call you that, rather than your fishing moniker?)
Yes there were the vob etc files in My Video. However, no dvd yet, which is so odd since Power2Go9 claimed it had burned successfully. But dvd will not play once inserted into computer, and no files show up when I click on F drive. Also could not drag a folder or file successfully to the little instant icon thingy that pops up on the right in version 9.
Have not used dvd burner with other software, as I have now deleted it all because I wasn't using them anymore.
Going to try a few more things, but am running out of ideas! Good thing I have a beautiful lake to look out on to calm me down, somewhat like your foto! Thanks, Tina
CyberPower Inc Windows 7
ynotfish
[Post New]
Tony's fine - that's my name.

Oh Oh!

Tina - when you insert your DVD & open your DVD Drive folder it should have the same folder structure as the "My Video" folder you first created. Hopefully, it looks something like...

Could you post a screen shot of what's on the DVD you just burnt? There may be an issue with your burner!

By the way - that lake in my avatar is Sydney Harbour.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - DVD Drive.png]
 Filename
DVD Drive.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
386 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2013 04:58

Tina9999
[Post New]
Tony
Sorry my computer doesn't read the dvd at all, so don't know how to capture a screen shot. When I tried to burn something to it again, it said it was Write Protected, and yet when I tried to look at it with another program (can't remember which now) it said there was no disc in that drive.
How do I find out if my internal burner is the culprit? It came with my laptop which I purchased in 2010 and have used extensively since.
I could purchase a different burning program, as suggested by some, however if the burner is the problem then that would be a waste of time & $.
Need to sign off now and will check back in tomorrow. Cheers to Sydney! Tina CyberPower Inc Windows 7
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I could purchase a different burning program, as suggested by some, however if the burner is the problem then that would be a waste of time & $.

No $.

http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html

http://edoc.com/imgburn

FREEware

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 17. 2013 13:13

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I could purchase a different burning program, as suggested by some, however if the burner is the problem then that would be a waste of time & $.

No $.

http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html

http://edoc.com/imgburn

FREEware

I don't believe we are to reference the free software ImgBurn. Cyberlinks Disc burning software is Power2Go..

Reference to ImgBurn locked here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28970.page
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Tina,
Have you checked your private messages on this forum? Located Left of the logout link?

As Kevin mentions- We are not to discuss these types of software per Cyberlinks terms of usage of this forum. It's in the fine print. Like it or not- we all automatically agreed to it when we signed on here and started posted.

R PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be