CyberLink Community Forum
Can you crop video in PowerDirector?  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Marina

I just downloaded the free trial version of PowerDirector 6 to try out. I need to crop out part of a video. I realize that the trial version is a stripped down version, but will the full version allow me to crop?

Is there another version or another Video Editing software that might work better?

I have a very important video taken from my camera, but it appears to have sun exposure all along the side of the video. If I can crop that off, I can salvage the rest of the video.

I am completely new to this kind of software, so if there is a way, I need it to be dumbed down.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

Hi,

If I was faced with this problem I would:
open PD
Place the video into the PiP time-line
I would then open PiP designer and extend the size of the video beyond the screen size.
I would then Produce the video to an mpeg2 format. The render may take a while so I'd be selective with what i chose to edit this way.

Just an idea... I haven't your footage to look at... this is a do-able work-around suggestion.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/04/2008 13:47:43

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.
Marina

Dafydd,

I think I figured it all out! Your suggestion worked awsome! Thank you so much!

You don't know what a life saver you are!

Marina

Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to: