Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to play Blue Ray with amd driver
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
There's a thread on this by another poster at at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27323.page "WARNING - Updating AMD Radeon drivers past Catalyst 11.9 may break PowerDVD BluRay playback " started by someone else but it hasn't had much attention.

Can anyone duplicate this?

With latest amd release driver/catalsyst 13.4 (in my case the mobility driver) Blue Ray discs don't play. Error message pops up and BD Advisor when run says driver is not recognised.
I just had this issue trying to play my first Blur ray DVD.
Thread referenced said that Hyper V might be involved.
I tried with the beta 13.5 Catalyst and had the same issue. Then uninstalled Hyper V and the disc played.
Uninstalled the beta Catalyst and let Windows install a driver and the Blue Ray played.
Tried with release 13.4 again since Hyper V was uninstalled and the Blue ray wouldn't play.
Went back to the beta driver and it plays again.

I suspect this has to do more with the "AMD Accelerated Video ..." version than the actua display "driver" since last update from 13.4 to 13.5 beta 3 showed the driver wouldn't be updated but "AMD Accelerated ..." would (screenshot attached). Hyper V seems also involved.
This also seems to have been an issue for some time according to the thread I posted.

If anyone wants to test this but doesn't have a Blue ray drive I can whip up a short folder directory to test.
[Thumb - updateamd.jpg]
 Filename
updateamd.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
99 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2013 21:37

PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure if someone has done this already but do you have any updates on this yet?
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
I can play them with Hyper-V uninstalled and using the latest amd Catalyst. I might try with Hyper-V installed but the Service disabled. I reckon Hyper-V is the issue.

Contacted Support and pointed them to this thread. Reply said they would pass the issue on to the developers and to get back to them at a later stage.

If you haven't put in a Support Ticket already then maybe another support ticket will let them know for sure it's a real issue for some of us. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.