Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing Image from Scanner
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I don't seem to find any information on image scanning from twain scanner.

Is it possible in PD4? How? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hello Steve,

I've always assumed (possibly incorrectly) that PhotoDirector isn't TWAIN compliant. It doesn't appear in the Application dropdown in my Canon scanner preferences.

Aside: Someone told me once that TWAIN was an acronym for Technology Without An Important Name, and I believed them.

There's no reference to TWAIN compliance in any of the PhD documentation I've seen, yet other CL software (MediaShow) is.

Whenever I've used scanned images, I just import the scanned TIFFS or JPEGS into PhD manually.

I'll seek clarification from CL, but I suspect that the lack of reference to TWAIN we've found is a good clue about the answer.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
no TWAIN is not supported in PhotoDirector

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
no TWAIN is not supported in PhotoDirector

greetings
Michael

Please add that to the list of suggested "Improvements" (along with png import. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.