Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Uninstall PowerDVD 12 after upgrade to PDVD 13
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Are there any issues with uninstalling PowerDVD 12 after upgrading to PowerDVD 13?
Any shared libraries or whatever that might require a reinstall of 13 afterwards?

Also, since I have an upgrade version, might 13 not reinstall if I need to with 12 uninstalled? I had this issue ages ago when I upgraded to 12 or maybe 11 and didn't have the previous version. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
Dustyn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2011 14:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know if this information helps you out any... I too upgraded to PowerDVD 13 Ultra.
But I uninstalled PowerDVD Ultra 12 and cleaned out all files and registry entries pertaining to PowerDVD 12 Ultra first with Revo Uninstaller Pro before I installed the PowerDVD 13 Ultra "UPGRADE". I was successfully able to activate my upgraded copy without having to have a previous version installed! I have been using it for over three weeks now.
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the info.
I uninstalled 12 ok and 13 seems to have no issues yet.
Good to know I might only need 13 if I need a clean install for some reason. I hope so. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.