Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smart Sound?
[Post New]
I just upgraded to version 11 and it appears there is no free smart sound music available anymore. Is this actually the case or did something get messed up when doing my upgrade?
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just upgraded to version 11 and it appears there is no free smart sound music available anymore. Is this actually the case or did something get messed up when doing my upgrade?

If you have a licensed copy (possibly not the trial incarnation), a Smart Sound install prompt should appear during install. Answer YES.

This was the case with a fresh install of Ultra.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 24. 2013 20:07

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
All full versions of PD (Ultimate, Ultra & Deluxe) include SmartSound.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=14953&prodId=4&prodVerId=977

If installed correctly, by clicking YES at the prompt, the tracks from Core Foundations should be available (listed in blue) https://www.smartsound.com/royalty-free-music/library/Core+Foundations/

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
last update I had to reinstall the purchased albums, but the original sets were there. before that, when it would not show any selections under the blue ones, I did have to reinstall my audio device drivers (a windows update with Norton 360 active had screwed up the audio somehow ... different beef)

hint, check your content files (are they showing in control panel program sections)

also check for tiny ! triangle in device manager list. RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
[Post New]
I have PD Ultimate and I said yes to everything during the install.

I don't even have the Core library in my list. I checked in Control Panel and I have Content packs 1 and 2 for PD10. I have Content Pack Essential and Premium for PD 11 and also Romance, Travel and Holiday Magic.

I also see Smart Sound Quick Tracks 5 listed under control panel. I really have no idea how to get these files back. I've been using PD since version 9 I don't want to have to install from 9 and then do 2 versions of upgrades.

Also another odd thing is happening, every time I start it the program says I don't have Rich Video installed but when I click OK it doesn't install anything it just starts Power Director.

Totally confused and appreciate any help.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

So - in the SmartSound module, there are no tracks listed in blue?

1. In the SS module click on the SmartSound button - then click Rebuild SmartSound Database
2. Click on the Albums tab - is Core Foundations listed? Anything?
3. Go to C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Libraries - is the Core Foundations sdx file there?
4. In C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files are there any music files?

From what you've said, all should be well... but it's fixable, if not.

Cheers - Tony

[Post New]
Quote: Hi there -

So - in the SmartSound module, there are no tracks listed in blue?

1. In the SS module click on the SmartSound button - then click Rebuild SmartSound Database
2. Click on the Albums tab - is Core Foundations listed? Anything?
3. Go to C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Libraries - is the Core Foundations sdx file there?
4. In C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files are there any music files?

From what you've said, all should be well... but it's fixable, if not.

Cheers - Tony

1. Did this last night didn't fix anything.

2. Actually Core Foundations and Full Spectrum are listed but say No. If I highlight them and click properites it shows me all the tracks but they are not copied to my drive. Highlighting them and clicking copy to drive brings up a prompt (which is greyed out) telling me to insert my disc.

3. Nope only Local and Master

4. Nope completely empty. Its apparent they somehow got removed during the upgrade.

Anyway to get them back?
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hmm -

No idea how that might have happened. Full Spectrum would have been installed with a previous version of PD. Core Foundations is included with PD11.

To save uninstalling PD & re-installing, you can go to http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates?product=cyberlink - download the 204MB file & install it. That should sort it for you.

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Well unbelievably the link to the download on that page is broken. smh!

I appreciate the help but this kind of sucks. LOL
ynotfish
[Post New]
Yes - you're right - SS recently rebuilt its website and there are some dead links in it. Sorry - I didn't realise.

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Not your fault, appreciate the help. I emailed them about the link.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have PD Ultimate and I said yes to everything during the install.

I don't even have the Core library in my list..... >SNIP<

Also another odd thing is happening, every time I start it the program says I don't have Rich Video installed but when I click OK it doesn't install anything it just starts Power Director.

This sounds like the cause of your issue.
Have you tried reinstalling your PD 11 update ?

Rich Video needs to be running for PD to run correctly.
(Which is one of my pet peeves since both the 32 bit & 64 bit processes are always running in the background regardless if any Cyberlink products are running. Even though I have all auto updates etc. turned off in the programs- but I digress, back to your issue.)

Both Richvideo.exe and RichVideo64.exe needs to be on your system, running and available for PD or any Cyberlink software depending on if the programs are 32 or 64 bit. (Power Director is 64 bit but may also need other 32 bit "helper" programs to run correctly.)

Go to your Task Manager and make sure one or both
Rich Video Module (32bit) & Rich Video Modules are running.
They also known as RichVideo & RichVideo64 service and also show up as
Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) & Cyberlink RichVideo64 Service(CRVS) - which can get confusing, but they just different names of the same two services: a 32 bit and a 64 bit Rich Video

Also go to Msconfig and make sure they have not been disabled for some reason.

Once running correctly SmartSound should recognize you have a legit registered product and install / update itself.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
ynotfish
[Post New]
That's interesting Rob -

I didn't even know RichVideo & SmartSound had a "connection"... not that I'm any kind of techo.

Just now I ran PD with Task Manager Processes displayed. Both RichVideo & RichVideo64 were listed, but there seemed to be no change in activity while I was working in PD or using SmartSound.

I have read previously that re-applying the latest update corrects the RichVideo "error".

Cheers - Tony
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

Just to clarify: the Rich Video services are for Cyberlink software. They just constantly run in the background merrily about their way. You won't see any process or memory jumps when using the CL software. I basically think they are just a type of DRM for Cyberlink.

If the software has errors then other add ons like Smartsound more than likely will be affected too- hence my strong inclination to get the Rich video services back up and running then see if that does the trick.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
ynotfish
[Post New]
Thanks Rob -

Agreed that there's little point in re-installing the SS music & QuickTracks without first correcting the RichVideo issue.

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Just an FYI re-downmloading an applying the patch fixed my richvideo errors.

Smartsound hooked me up with the missing files since they somehow were removed.

I'm golden, just need to learn how to use the new goodness
ynotfish
[Post New]
Good news!

SS has repaired those update links on their website too.

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
I thought this important to post here in case someone else runs into the problem I had. Everyone in this thread was helpful, here is part of the response I got from tech support"

"In regards to your issue, I would like to inform you that CyberLink Upgrade version software remove the previous version software while installation.

Since your Previous version PowerDirector 10 software removed after installation of current PowerDirector 11 Upgrade version software, that's why their is no way to retrieve previous smart sound files saved in PowerDirector 10 software."

So if I had not of posted here and contacted Smartsound by that reply I would of been out of luck.

Thanks to all in this thread for helping me out