Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam 3.5 - All my video files have vanished!?
Patrick9031 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2013 23:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I bought an HP pavilion dv6 this past fall and it came with YouCam 3.5. I am an artist/musician/creative-type, so for months I have been using YouCam to record ideas for all sorts of things. One day recently I was going to record another idea and I noticed ALL the videos were gone. I've looked in my computer - I'm pretty sure that since they are no longer showing up as thumbnails under the video-image screen, they're gone. When I record a new video it successfully shows up as a thumbnail under the image screen, so unless there are (somehow) backup files in some remote area of my computer, all my videos have been deleted without my permission and I have no idea why! I've been looking around (and stressing) about this issue and have found nothing. I'd really like to get my idea videos back. Please help if you have any information! Much thanks, Patrick.

Also - just today, a few minutes ago, I installed the update that was available through YouCam. Don't know if that will affect anything.
Pierre31209 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2013 03:28 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Patrick,

1. Please help to launch YouCam and click "Configure the Cyberlink YouCam settings".
Check the path of "Capture folder".
Is it "c:\Users\(your account name)\Documents\Youcam" ?
If you've changed this path, please try to enter "c:\Users\(your account name)\Documents\Youcam" and check if your video are in this folder.

2. Do you remember any name of video that you recorded?
If yes, maybe you could try to search it in your computer. (Press "Win" + "F" to search)
If no, and you never changed the name of video, please help to search this key word: capture_20
Thanks