Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 13 not playing discs anymore
Quirriff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2013 08:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I don't understand what's wrong, I tried reinstalling, it didn't work......

The computer can clearly read the file structures of the discs, and PowerDVD 10 which I upgraded from can still play discs.
But 13 can't seem to recognise that they are movie DVDs/BD in the drive as opposed to normal data discs.
richtv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2013 01:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i'm having the same issue with retail blu rays, it just doesn't recognize anything in the drive.

actually, had a "similar" issue with v12 until i found i needed to apply a patch.

although v13 doesn't show these particular errors, i suspect it has something related to the issues with v12 when the following errors occurred:

1)
“CyberLink PowerDVD cannot access the storage device. Select another device when playback stops.”

“CyberLink PowerDVD could not launch because some of the components appear to be corrupted. Try uninstalling and then re-installing CyberLink PowerDVD, or check your anti-virus software for malicious activities. If the program still doesn’t launch, please contact customer support for assistance – error code: 101.”

refer here: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=15666

in this case, i needed to update with:
http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/PowerDVD/DVD121001-01/TR130123-008/PowerDVD12.Patch.DVD121001-01.exe

2)
"CyberLink PowerDVD is not able to play protected content on your digital output device. Ensure your display device supports HDCP. (Code = 0107)"

in this case i needed to just update my Slysoft software so that it would properly disable the hdcp issue

i'm running it with the latest version of Slysoft AnyDVD HD

any chance v13 is related to v12 in such issues as above posted?

in the mean time, i'm sticking with v12.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2013 03:17

Quirriff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2013 08:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
But no error messages appear, The eject icon doesn't show and the pause/play button is greyed out.

And I can't patch it since there are no patches for V13.

All I recall that happened before it happened was this:
I had to do a physical reboot after my drive door somehow opened without disengaging (So it was still trying to read the disc when the door was opened). How that managed to happen in the first place must be some error in P-DVD 13 itself as well.

But I assume it was a freak accident unrelated, But i'm including it anyway incase i'm wrong.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2013 08:18

richtv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2013 01:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
yes, i know no error messages for v13 and no patch available.

i'm simply showing the behavior of v12 and how it might be related to why my blu rays won't play in v13 after M$ did that update back in Feb as in my above link.

refer again to my above post if you misunderstood me.

i'm under:

winxp 32bit SP3 up to date
GeForce 8600GTS SLI (2 cards)
nvidia 314.22
asus m2n sli deluxe
cpu AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ @ 3.215MHz
ddr2 Kingston memory dual channel 4096Mbytes
Lite-On IHBS312-98 12X SATA Internal Blu-Ray Writer Drive

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2013 16:46