Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ad-Ware (Product Information) Insert in YouCam 5 Deluxe Removal
TimesUp 2020 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2013 13:10 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Ok! Ok! I give up! How do you prevent the 'Product Information' (Ad-Ware) insert in the lower left hand corner of the YouCam 5 Deluxe UI (User Interface) from displaying - and/or - have it display correctly, consistently?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2013 10:08

TimesUp 2020 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2013 13:10 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
...well, since no one has offered an answer, guess I'll have to provide one!

1. The 'check box' that would 'turn off' "product information" (Ad-Ware) doesn't exist; and, the registry doesn't offer any clues as to what to change from 1 to 0. (Oh, asking for Support Help - nothing like a contract customer support person reading from a script guide you).

2. For those who can't get the "product information" (Ad-Ware) link to function properly - it appears blank but contains: "This webpage cannot be found" if you move the scroll bars around. This is 'most' likely a client issue / IE9, in my case, which requires you to go to: Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Lan Settings>Make sure nothing is checked. Then, and this is the painful part, click on the Advanced Tab>Reset (Also, click delete personal settings). This worked, for me, and the cause of the issue appears to be making Google the default search provider, but after playing around with it - doing the restart thing - YouCam 5 Deluxe Ad-Ware now displays consistently and Google is the default search provider.

Do what you want with this information and good luck if you're having the same issue I was having.