Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Media Library is disappointing
jkauff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2012 10:57 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I tried the new Media Library, and I got very poor results. I have a lot of old movies, which were not in the online database. Worse yet, Moovie made guesses that were totally wrong. Of my total library, it got about 20% right, and these were all fairly recent movies. The only way to correct these entries is to manually download covers and replace each one individually. I haven't found any way to edit the tags, however.

Why couldn't Cyberlink have used IMDB instead of Moovie, or at least offer it as an option? The covers and tags are almost always correct in IMDB.

Has anyone figured out how to correct the Media Library tags?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jkauff,
thanks for your feedback.

I must say that I have the same experience and our RD and Planning Team is already aware of this shortcoming.

Our team is evaluating different ways how to improve the detection rate.

Unfortunately the only way right now would be to manually set the title for those files/folder that are incorrectly detected.

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
jkauff [Avatar]
[Post New]
The titles are correct, I assume because the files and folders are named correctly. I don't see a way to edit any of the info except the cover art. Am I missing something?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
no - you don't miss it - it's not there.
In current implementation of the improved library you can only adjust the Cover-art file.

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
mike.T [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 17, 2012 05:05 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
One thing could help the movie matching. It supports to parse the .nfo file if the file name is the same of the mkv/mp4 movie and there's an imdb link inside the NFO file

The URL is like this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107290/
jkauff [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's good to know, but I haven't been saving my NFO files. I'll just keep using JRiver Media Center to manage my library, they know how to do it right.
BJ1200 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2012 13:31 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I use a product that pulls TV show images and metadata from the API at TheTVDB.com.
It gets movie data and images from the API at themoviedb.org
Both are dead accurate if the naming convention of the file is correct. I don't believe there is a fee for either service. Maybe Cyberlink should try to incorporate those API's.

I believe IMDB offers a free API that is only for limited text information. I understand the fees for their images and such can be rather expensive. This is why so many 3rd party software's try to scrape the pages of IMBD, and why IMDB strictly forbids this in their terms of service.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 27. 2013 16:39