Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not sure what i am doing wrong
Winchie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2013 22:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
ok just got the power2go 8 platinum. I have webisodes and personal videos that I have on my pc that are in .avi and .wmv format. I would like to burn them with this program onto a dvd to play like a normal dvd does. the problem I am having is file size.

in my normal windows explorer folder, it shows my videos, either .avi or .wmv have around 300mb of space. but when I transfer 1 of those videos to the burning program in Power2Go 8, the video jumps from 300mb space to around 1400-1600mb and I can only fit maybe 2 25minute videos on 1 typical 4.7gb 120min dvd disc.

Im not really sure what I am doing wrong? no matter how I convert the files, .avi, .wmv, .mpeg2, .wma, .mpeg4, the size of the file doubles to triples when I put it in the burning program., what am I missing? im kinda new to all this burning videos and stuff.
Bernard Dragon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2010 01:25 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
you have done nothing wrong, this is a typical video length a DVD disc can hold.

When you use "HQ - Best Quaity", a 4.7G DVD can usually hold 60 minutes of video.
No matter what source formats you have used, it would be converted into DVD format.

There is a possibility on Power2Go if you want to hold more video.
But your source videos are better be with 4:3 aspect ratio, otherwise you will see black bars above and below video.

Go to [Disc Preferences] tab
Change [Widescreen (16:9] into [Regular display (4:3)]
There will be more options besides just [HQ - Best Quality]. You can try different ones to see the difference.

But be careful on video quality, the more video you put in, the more quality degrade the DVD would be. Bernard is the name