Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So frustrated with Cyberlink
Cuda1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2013 07:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
On 10/27/12 I purchased CyberLink YouCam 5 Deluxe with a Holiday pack. In January I was having issues with my laptop and uninstalled it. I couldn't find my original install file so d/l the trial from the website and installed it but forgot to put my serial number in. The trial has expired and the only option I'm given is to buy it. I already bought it and don't want to buy it again. I've opened a support ticket which was a complete waste of time. After giving them the version, serial #, etc. they come back with a canned answer to send them a print screen of what is happening when I open YouCam and to also send them my serial# (which I already did when I opened the ticket!) I'm getting no response from them at all. I don't feel like dropping another $40.00 to them for something I already own and especially when the support sucks so bad. Does anyone have any ideas? I've already uninstalled and ran a registry cleaner but that did not help. Thanks in advance. For the life of me I cannot understand why there is not an option to enter a serial # like other trial software does at the end of the trial.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
First off, I think most, if not all CL programs are crippled in the trial and the key won't work, you need a new download of the actual program.
You'll need every fragment of purchase information you can gather, EMAIL, CC RECEIPT, KEY, anything related to the purchase.
You must keep in mind this is a volunteer forum, we have no power.
Perhaps the Mod here will look into it, but GET the INFO and bug support without mercy. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT