Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Annoying Yellow Arrow SOLVED!
[Post New]
I'm working on a custom DVD menu. Anyone know how to get rid of the little arrow beside play? In the design mode that yellow arrow doesn't show until I hover over the item 1 (Play placeholder). I didn't even see it till I played a preview of my template. I've since saved the template hoping I'd be able to get rid of it after saving, but no. I can find no way to delet it, change it's size, color or anything. I doesn't look good with the beautiful lake with blue sky and white clouds and I really want it gone or at least a different color.

To create the template I used the default "create menu template and the yellow arrow doesn't show on that either.

Here's a screen shot of it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 19. 2013 15:35

Dustie
I'm still working on it....
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dustie,

Hate menus, never use them but I think it might be adjusted as per the attached.

If I'm wrong, no doubt someone will put me right, if I'm right I shall sleep better tonight.

Cheers
Adrian
[Thumb - arrow 2.PNG]
 Filename
arrow 2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)
[Thumb - arrow 1.PNG]
 Filename
arrow 1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dustie -

Adrian - you're absolutely right, so you can rest well!

When you are in Menu Designer & go to Set Button Properties > Button Highlight Style, as Adrian's screenshot shows, you can change that little icon and colour.

You can also import your own button highlight markers (at the bottom, click Import). I've attached some that might appeal to a wildlife chaser.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
TextHighlight Menu.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
269 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Adrian, you did good! I knew it had to be something I was missing... I hope you slept very well!

Tony, those are awesome little icons, thank you. I chose the leaf but imported the rest into the button collection for future use. You're right, perfect for this wildlife chaser. ;

Another SOLVED thread! Thanks guys! Dustie
I'm still working on it....