Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Attention Firefox users on a 64bit machine
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I am one of those people that has HATED Internet Explorer since it's first version and have never used it. I have been using Firefox since it's first day. But as good as Firefox is, Mozilla is not made a 64bit version of it.

However there is now an open source 64bit version called Waterfox. It uses all your regular Firefox addons and stuff. Open source from the sourceforge people.

I have been using it for about two weeks now and have found that everything I do in the browser is noticeably faster. Even my youtube buffering seems a little faster.

look here... http://www.waterfoxproject.org/

Give it a try if you are 64bit and like Firefox. You will need the latest version of Firefox installed if not already installed for those that for some reason do not use Firefox.

I have also noticed that this forum, which is the slowest responding forum of all of the ones I use, has improved.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2013 15:11

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bubba....
64 bit fox???
Wow, I would love that, but not sure I dare yet. Have a little wait and see.
Thing is, I have to use IE whenever I go in here on the forum.
That's the only thing I use IE for.
Have never understood what's the matter with FF and this site.
Can't load the pages, only the headings.
Been like this for many months now.

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bubba & Nina -

I've been using Waterfox (64-bit) since it was first released last year. I find it smooth & slick, but haven't noticed much difference with forum pages loading (speed-wise, I mean).

Thanks for the reminder anyway, Bubba. I'll go and update to Waterfox 18.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Biggest thing I am happy about, one of my addons works like it is supposed to all the time now.... multicolumn bookmarks.... that has acted up ever since I went 64bit...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2013 17:40

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link