Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Record feature no longer working
Sparky6756 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2011 20:03 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
The camera on my youcam 5 is working. However, the software recording feature has stopped working. I push the "capture" button , get the 3-2-1 countdown, but nothing seems to record and what is stranger, the end capture button will not engage...not even the F4 key won't work.

Like so many other folks on this forum, everything USED to work fine...don't have any idea what happened. Running Windows 7, 64bit, 8 gig ram, and as I said, it has always worked well

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help. Sparky6756
Sparky6756 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Feel like a mootz! Somehow the default recording format had gotten changed from .wmv to MP4. Changed it back and it works like a charm...just in case it ever happens to anyone else, check those capture settings... Sparky6756
Aussiewelder [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney Australia Joined: Oct 08, 2012 13:43 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Gday Sparky6756

Ive had the same problem and support has been no help except to say uninstall re-install and install latest patch but it doesnt work. Ive only had any luck with uninstall then reinstall then install patch date : 2011-09-21 then 2011-12-08 then 2012-09-21. Then ignore the update notices but i had to install the first 3 patches so it supports intel core i5 works. But ive had no success at all with Cyberlink support. You can try what I did I hope it helps . Ive brought 5 products and im very disappointed I must say esp with the response from support .

Good luck
Sparky6756 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry you are having trouble! Changing the capture format from MP4 to WMV has allowed it to work great for me...hope it works for you too! Sparky6756
Aussiewelder [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney Australia Joined: Oct 08, 2012 13:43 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Gday Sparky

Cheers it does work but only for res capture 640x480 and below above that MP4 is the option available.
Ive heard back from cust support but they just asked for my serial number for the 3rd time the support is a bad joke here.
I will tell anyone that asks me about cyberlink to avoid it like the plague. This is the 5th product ive brought and 3 still have unresolved issues.

Cheers all the best for the holidays and the new year
Sparky6756 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hope you get it to work= Nothing more frustrating than stuff that won't work! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Sparky6756
Rose123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2013 07:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Youcam 5 video recording is not working if i try to do that my cam like freezing can not even close the cam whenever picture capturing is working good can plz some body help mr me about that issue.
Sparky6756 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Be dure to check the default recording format. Mine had gotten changed from .wmv to MP4. Changed it back and it works like a charm...just in case it ever happens to anyone else, check those capture settings... Sparky6756