Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SD footage Not Widescreen
rattlinjack [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lake Macquarie, NSW Joined: May 18, 2011 06:40 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Gday all!
Been using PD9 since it came out, for editing wedding videos..
Been very satisfied with it, except for a snag that I came across today.
Imported some standard definition footage, from Canon HFS20, "widescreen" but it turns itself to 4:3 ratio on the timeline??????
Set to 16:9 widescreen PAL in settings???
Plays back as widescreen in Windows Media Player???
This footage was converted from HD to SD using the HFS20s on-board convertor
what am I doing wrong?????
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Right mouse click on the footage in the timeline and select "Set aspect ratio" and adjust to your desires and see if that corrects the issue.

Jeff
rattlinjack [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lake Macquarie, NSW Joined: May 18, 2011 06:40 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Well, thanks for that JL_JL,! That sorted it!
Sort of quirky, that it happened in the first place though, never had it happen before...
Just re-built my puter, new motherboard and Nvidia Graphics card!! Had a couple of odd things happen since then.
Thanks again for the tip........................