Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam video enhancement
supeveryone [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2012 19:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I had recently had a few problems with youcam, I had a factory installed version of it on my computer and it worked great!!!! but then it started not to work great about yesterday, I lost the ability to control the video enhancement settings, they were greyed out and non adjustable. So I wondered if it was something I did, so I ended up doing a system restore to the previous day and I really screwed up there. anyways short and sweet I had to reinstall it and I still don't have the ability to change ,brightness, contrast, exposure, and enter advanced settings. While the theater, and auto light plus sharpness and noise reduction still work. they use to all work and I was able to adjust things like exposure and hue, ect.

Why are they greyed out? How can I fix this problem to where I can adjust them. I installed youcam 4, Any answers/ help would be appreciated.

Additional information if needed,

Windows 7
Hp dv7
Intel 17 3720 Qm quad core 2.6-3.6 ghz
8 gigs of ram
I've hardly used my hardrive.
web cam - HP TrueVision HD

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Nov 03. 2012 15:55

supeveryone [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have downloaded the demo for YouCam 5 And still the same thing, the settings are not adjustable, grayed out. Please if anyone can help please do.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
no real idea... ..maybe there was a driver update and the new driver does not offer the settings?

Can you check the YouCam resolution settings? What resolution do you use currently?

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
supeveryone [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much for the reply.

I'm using 640 x 480 And I had used that when it worked before. I've looked for drivers but there are no new drivers for the device. It honestly completely worked no problems for the longest time and out of no where, it wasn't after an update or anything like that and it didn't just gradually stop. I had those features and they are now grayed out. I'll take a screen shot to show what i mean be grayed out.

http://tinypic.com/r/2r5qlwl/6

When i press advanced nothing happens.
supeveryone [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nvm, I guess I ahve fixed the problem. Apparently I had a missing .dll path/link what ever and I guess what ever I did... Which was just look it up on the internet fixed it apparently. I'm actually completely at a loss at why it is working again. Thanks for the reply tho!