Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YOUCAM 5 and Windows 8.1
[Post New]
after I update my youcam with the latest patch - the effect window freezes and I have to close and restart youcam. It worked fine before the patch was applied. I guess I should add it only freezes when you scroll through the various effects.
I'm running 8.1 windows.
Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 12. 2013 17:22

[Post New]
Just tried a fresh install but it still freezes if you switch between various effects (hats, backgrounds..ect) or if you try to scroll through the effects.
BobA_01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2013 12:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I rolled back by driver to an earlier version with no success. I also located a newer one than what I had. None of the drivers work.

Given that I tried reverting back to the driver that was in place when the application worked and it is still broken (exact same error condition) I'm inclined to believe that the graphics driver is NOT the cause of the crashing in Windows 8.1.

I continue to send crash reports (minimally 3 per day).

The only thing I can add was that I did get an additional dialog box once for boomerang.exe located in the cyberlink directory.

I'm ready to uninstall and abandon the software. You guys can keep the money I paid for the most recent version to pay for more testing in the future.

--Robert
BobA_01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2013 12:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
So I upgraded to you cam 5, upgraded to Windows 8.1, and you cam 5 broke. I went through a litany of changes to my video card drivers forward backward you name it. I did everything you guys said to do. I shared with you an email where your own support staff said you cam 5 didn't work with windows 8.1. I was never able to use you cam 5 and wasted my upgrade dollars. You told me that it was something on my machine and that your tech support folks were in error when they told me you cam 5 was incompatible.

For kicks I installed you cam 6, of course I expected that it would not work because after all there was an issue with my display drivers based your last feedback to me. Lo and behold you cam 6 works without a hitch.

You folks had a bug, and would not take responsibility for it which is shameful. At the very least you should extend the money I spent for upgrading you cam 5 to you cam 6.

I'll be interested to see how you handle this situation.

--Robert
Pierre31209 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2013 03:28 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Robert,

It's really sorry for all the inconvenience.
Could you kindly help to try following steps and check if there is any help on the problem.
1. Enter into the capture folder. (The default path is "C:\Users\(your user name)\Documents\Youcam")
2. Please move the videos and photos to other folder and keep the capture folder being empty.
3. Launch YouCam and check the result.

Thanks for your help!!
wave95 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2014 18:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
moving the files out of the folder youcam into another one actually worked for my youcam6. After countless back and forths with support, I'm smiling again.
pierre [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2014 11:10 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Dear wave95,
Great thanks for your feedback!!