Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slow motion in PowerDirector 11
PizzaGuy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Laval, Qc, Canada Joined: Mar 28, 2011 15:07 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I still have not upgraded to PowerDirector 11. Before I do, I'd like to know if the slow motion effect is more powerful in 11 than it was in 10 or is it the same.
Thanks
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
To my mind it's the same. Without frame interpolation technology, slowing down to .10 gives 1 frame + 9 duplicates, next frame + 9 duplicates etc. With frame interpolation the automatic limit is 0.5, with each frame duplicated once.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
PizzaGuy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Laval, Qc, Canada Joined: Mar 28, 2011 15:07 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a Twixtor like plug-in available for PowerDirector 11?
flatlander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2013 21:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
If you're importing 60i video, set PD's "TV Format" setting in preferences to NTSC 60 FPS. The video will get de-interlaced to full 60 FPS by PD (who knows what method). You can confirm that you're working with 60 distinct frames per second by stepping through a few frames of the video.

Then, whatever slow motion effects you apply get applied to 60 FPS video, so you have twice as many frames to deal with than if you had imported the 60i video as a 30 FPS project. This will give you true 60i to 60p de-interlacing and smoother slo-mo without resorting to other software.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 25. 2013 21:27

Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
That's a great tip flatlander! ~Tom~