Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Import mpeg-ts video only retains audio
Tazilee49
Newbie Location: Tasmania Joined: Sep 14, 2012 00:22 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
There are a number of video files that PD10 imports but it will only recognise/show an MP3 audio track and no video tack. I don't get any errors. All the video files I have are playable using VLC (which I know is pretty agnostic).

I've attached an example mediaInfo export on one of files PD10 doesn't seem to handle.

I really don't want to have to recode the videos before importing into PD10 to edit. Is there a way of adding codecs or abilities to PD10?

Anyone out there help?
 Filename
Belleville Rendez Vous.html
[Disk]
 Description
MediaInfo report
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
364 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Is this a Powerdirector 10 Trial?

The Trial has limits on high definition videos.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector/download_en_US.html

Compare versions:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=12825

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Tazilee49
[Post New]
No, I have the PD10 Ultra full version, not the trial.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: No, I have the PD10 Ultra full version, not the trial.

I would uninstall then re-install.

If you have a downloaded version, there are three files, the Program, and two contents packs, you must install all three files.

If you have a boxed version, all parts are on the DVD and all Install in order.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Tazilee49
[Post New]
I installed contents packs 1 and 2 (which take up 2.2GB!) and it makes absoluetly no difference at all. The file (with info file) above does exactly the same thing - it shows the audio track only.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tazilee49

Welcome to the volunteer forum

It does appear to be a codec issue.

Some members here use the KLite or ffdshow codec packs - just Google for the downloads and install and try again.

Also, can you upload a small clip so we can test it on our systems?
Happy editing Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tazilee -

What is the source of the video? Judging by the MediaInfo report, it looks to be captured from a DVD or VHS (720x576) - possibly this http://youtu.be/X-KChYBFiB0

PD is importing the video but displaying audio only. Sounds like an issue with missing codecs. Have you installed any codec packs? VLC player plays the video properly because it comes with built in codecs. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.php?cat=input - but PD can't access these.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
The odd thing is - I've posted that issue already some months ago, obviously still no solution - the odd thing is: PD9 (nine!) can handle these files flawlessly.
Same data source,
same files
same environment.
PD9 can
PD10 can't.

Odd.
Michael.
[Post New]
I do a lot of work with .TS files, and I occasionally get this issue. I'm not sure what causes it, but in most cases the video won't play in Windows Medai Player either - but often will in Media Player Classic. Probably about 5% of the .TS files I deal with have this problem.

Haven't figured out how to deal with them directly in PD yet - I just use Handbrake to convert them to regular MPEG (Format Factory will not work - it just creates a distored version of the video). PowerDirector 10 Ultra
Dell XPS Studio - i7 3.4 GHz / 8 GB RAM / Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
austing1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 07, 2012 13:44 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Quick question here. What's the build number that is currently installed?
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
For me, it's build 1703 for PD10 (don't know the PD9 build at the moment, it's installed on my laptop, and that's far away...)
But it was an issue since the very first release of PD10, and has never changed.
But I'll give Handbrake a chance! At least it's the first glimpse of a chance since I've stopped downloading TS files from my sat receiver.
Let's see, what's happening!

Michael.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
YEAH !!!!

It works!
Greatest hint ever, SkullyHB, thanks (more than) a lot!
Just imported a 44 minute videostream, which I already considered lost, not even windows media player was able to reproduce it after an attempted import to PD.
Now, PD reproduces this vidwo flawlessly!
Woooohooo!
Yippie!

Michael.
Tazilee49
[Post New]
Thanks to all who posted on this issue. Looks like I am not the only furstrated one.

I downloaded and installed the 32 bit and 64 bit k-lite codecs and rebooted the system (Win 7 x 64) and PD10 (build 1703) still did EXACTLY the same thing. When doing the File | Import, all you see is an audio image and there is no video information.

The video is from an LG PVR. It is odd that some .ts files work (see attached info dump) while others (see previous info file above) don't. Crazy.

Regards uploading a small clip, is there a utility that could clip out the first minute of a file? Obviously PD10 won't work
 Filename
ok.html
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
503 time(s)
Tazilee49
[Post New]
Well, that silenced everyone!?
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Well, that silenced everyone!?

If you are looking for a utility that can chop off a few minutes of a video, search for "virtualdub".

I would try a file converter on your .TS video first.

There are several for free.

Try 'Format Factory'.

I have a Video Capture device that makes .ts video files, I have no problem with them in Powerdirector 9.
I do not need to convert the .ts files to anything. They work fine on my system.

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Or just give "Handbrake" a chance!
I'm still converting all the already-given-up-TS files I've imported into my PC, but was not able to work with PD - and with those converted MP4 results, PD can work without problems.
You only might take care about 3:4 and 16:9 format, that's a thing I'm not through with completely.
SkullyHB mentioned the link where from to download freely.

Michael.
Tazilee49
[Post New]
I've posted a support issue, installed freevideocutter (and so far, it has taken 4 hours to import an example problem video) and also installed Motion Man video converter (x64) if all else fails.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Simply just DON'T try the suggested, because it MIGHT work....
Tazilee49
[Post New]
Sorry MikeSierra, didn't see your post before I did a quick reply. Trying Hanbrake now on the file.
Tazilee49
[Post New]
OK, Handbrake is fabulous and Cyberlink Support are (so far) pretty much the other extreme.

First - Handbrake made quick work out of transforming the .ts files to .m4v which PD10 could handle. I still have a lot to learn about various Handbrake parameters. I opted for the device 'Universal' and the results were excellent - about 50% original without any loss of quality. So, I'm batching the processing up - which Handbrake does wonderfully.

I got a response from Cyberlink but most of the suggestions were marginal (e.g., check disk space and virtual memory). I don't think they looked at the info dump on the .ts video at all. They didn't read the issue properly as they referred to 'Process' rather than the fact that the file was not properly imported. I responded accordingly (also saying that I was unlikely to be the only one with this problem).