Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam 5 Deluxe-Screen capture
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I recently purchased You cam 5 Deluxe...mainly for screen capture (which it claims on website)..but when I try to Capture screen it says no webcam found? If I am capturing the screen why do I need a Web cam?
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 06. 2012 14:42

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello James,

YouCam is a webcam software, and needs a webcam to work as it states in the system requirements.

What it does is capture your screen movements on your desktop, which you can save as a file or share via MSN messenger, Skype, etc. during a webcam chat.

Regards,
David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2012 03:48

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi David,
It also says it can capture screen
" Capture Desktop Videos for Step-by-Step Tutorials

Capture screen shots and record uninterrupted desktop operations in both 16:9 and 4:3 HD format. YouCam is the ideal software for producing step-by-step video tutorials. Also featuring customizable Hot Keys for screen captures.

Improved! Capture your desktop in high quality 16:9 HD format.
Define Your Capture Region

Record your full desktop screen, a fixed area or define a region on the screen to capture and record."
from the website.
I am not complaining but just want to know how you activate the screen capture without webcam.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Jim,

You can't run the program without a webcam. A webcam is required to do the features you listed above.

I understand your question about why do I need a webcam to capture something on my desktop. I don't know the reason why, but the program is built that way.

Regards,
David