Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam question
JvB123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2012 09:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I am using youcam to take a look at my dog when I am away for a while.
I am getting a mail whit the movie from my dog in his room.
My problem is that I in the program maximum one hour can make a film and than he stops automatically.

Is that only whit the trial version?

Thank you for the answer.

JvB
Jackvanbeek1953@hotmail.com

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JvB,

First questions. Which version of YouCam are you using? Is it just a trial version of version 5?

Second, which function are you using to record? Motion Detection Recording? Continuous Recording?

Let us know,
Regards,
David
JvB123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2012 09:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello David,
I am using the trial version 5 and the motion detection.

thank you
JvB
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JvB,

There are no limitations on the trial version, except that it only works for 15 days.

The motion detection feature will stop recording the video once your dog is motionless, i.e. asleep. It starts when it detects motion, then stops when the motion has stopped, creating a new video clip. Is this what you find is happening?

If you want to record for a specific duration, use the Continuous Recording feature, and set an end time for the webcam to stop recording.

Note that, the recording may stop for other reasons, such as file size limit. You can change the file quality in settings, so that it is not too large when recording these videos.

Hope that helps,
Regards,
David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 05. 2012 03:30