Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ISO burn to BD-R disk
Maldo860 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Orlando, Fl Joined: Aug 14, 2012 19:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have an ISO file that is 33 gigs of data and need to burn it to 2, 25 gig BR-R disks. Since the capacity of the disks are 25 gigs each, how do I brake it down to 2 disks? I'm using the Free ISO Burner. I also have Power2Go but I don't know if I can use it to burn ISO which requires Image to disk option.This file is a 3d movie collection that needs to be burnt to a BD-R disk in order to be viewed.

Thanks.
Elliot

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2012 20:02

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Where did that ISO come from? Isn't an ISO supposed to be a disk image? How could you have a disk image of something bigger than a disk?

What format are those movies in? Jerry Schwartz
Maldo860 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Orlando, Fl Joined: Aug 14, 2012 19:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded this file at Bit Torrent. I suppose the movies format is "avi" or "mp4". You are right about ISO being a disk image. That's why it can only be burned in my case on a BD-R disk to view it.

As I mentioned this is 33 gig file downloaded to the computer. I'm not burning it from a disk or making a copy, hence your question; "How could you have a disk image of something bigger than a disk?".

My solution will be to use a 50 gig BD-R disk and burn it on on side (25gig) and the remainder (8gig)= 33 gig on the other side. Or use 2 one sided 25. My problem is that I don't know how to split this data or rather burn it as a continuation.

If I use Power2Go software it will tell me that the data will not fit. I don't want to waste a disk to trial and error. I don't know if at the end of the first 25gig burn the program will prompt me to insert another disk to finish the other 8gig or terminate at 25gig ignoring the remainder.

So I'm looking for some help from someone who has had experience in a case scenario like mine. Hope this clarifies some of your inquiries. Thanks for taking time to help.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
You've answered your own question: Since an ISO is a disk image, you can't span it across multiple disks.

A double-sided disk would have the same problem. It's just two separate disks, back to back.

What you need are dual-layer Blu-ray disks, and a burner that can handle them.

Jerry Schwartz