Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Newbie here! Question re GoPro fisheye removal
[Post New]
Hello everyone! I have just purchased a new high-falutin' computer and I am waiting for the install of PD 10 ultra.

Meanwhile, I have a question: Is there a way in PowerDirector 10 to remove the fisheye effect that one gets with the GoPro Hero 2 camera?

Um, if so, what is it? Custom computer: 8 processors, 16G Ram, ,C: drive 250G solid state. F: (Scratch drive) 2x 500Gb raid (0). G: (Data drive) 2Tb raid (1)
Power director Ultimate 12.0.2230.0
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
PD10 does not offer a way of correcting lens distortion such as fish eye. However, NewBlueFX is available as a plug-in (for a fee) for PD10. You can find it by selecting the EFFECTS tab in EDIT.

I have not tested any of these plug-ins in detail and if you browse the forum the experience with it is limited. It works quite well in other video editors however. Win 10, i7
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
You can try setting your camera at the narrow FOV options. ~Tom~
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
FOV= Field Of View... not everyone knows that.... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: FOV= Field Of View... not everyone knows that....

Thank you for pointing that out as we sometimes talk in jargon and forget that not everyone understands. In this case it is labeled FOV on the GoPro in the settings. Still, knowing what it means can help understanding how to adjust it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM