Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DirectorZone Tutorials Won't Play
Bluesky2046 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2012 16:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I'm just starting with PowerDirector 10 and having an issue with getting the Director Zone tutorials to play. No problems with the PD10 Ultra install on a older laptop with a new Win7 64 bit install. The Win7 64 bit is stable with 2 mos use, all updates, no issues with current Norton Utilities and Internet Security, Cyberlink updates to PD10 good, registration good, video play good from Apple, YouTube, NetFlix and other sites and my HD digital camera download and replay is good.

I may be missing some Win7 software to display and play some files that are displayed on some websites. I'm getting a blank box displayed with the blue circle "no" character displayed (a circle with a backslash through it). I'm seeing the same issue on the forum here also, but the tutorial videos not starting and the blank website displays may be seperate issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
I'm just starting with PowerDirector 10 and having an issue with getting the Director Zone tutorials to play. No problems with the PD10 Ultra install on a older laptop with a new Win7 64 bit install. The Win7 64 bit is stable with 2 mos use, all updates, no issues with current Norton Utilities and Internet Security, Cyberlink updates to PD10 good, registration good, video play good from Apple, YouTube, NetFlix and other sites and my HD digital camera download and replay is good.

I may be missing some Win7 software to display and play some files that are displayed on some websites. I'm getting a blank box displayed with the blue circle "no" character displayed (a circle with a backslash through it). I'm seeing the same issue on the forum here also, but the tutorial videos not starting and the blank website displays may be seperate issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Do you have the Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer?

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

The Flash Player is needed to play the FLV files that the Youtube player uses.

Even though you are on Director Zone, the videos and tutorials are on Youtube.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Sounds like a security issue. Since you're viewing the video on one site (Director Zone or the forum) and the video is actually coming from another site (YouTube), your security settings may not allow playing video from another domain.

Norton is often heavy handed with security, to the point of being crippling. Try disabling it temporarilly and see if that helps. You may also want to try resetting the security settings on your browswer back to the default settings. PowerDirector 10 Ultra
Dell XPS Studio - i7 3.4 GHz / 8 GB RAM / Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I have seen something like this with the 64 bit IE browser, You didn't say what you were using. Make sure that the 32 IE browser is your default. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
A few good suggestions to explore there.

All my browsers play the DZ tutorials properly (Firefox, Chrome, IE9 - 32 & 64-bit)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bluesky2046 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2012 16:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the input. I have reinstalled Flash Player, reset IE9 back to default, disabled Norton, used both 32 and 64 bit IE9 versions, and tested Java. No luck.

I've tested other links on PD10 and they all seem to be working. One path: Director Zone to Video Gallery to Power Director Video Gallery. All the videos play in the Power Director page without linking to YouTube. Also the link to the author of user posted tutorials works and links to Youtube.

I may do a full PD10 reinstall after a few more tweeks. Any more thoughts on the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks!