Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Cyperlink PowerDVD 12 is already running" message and bug in Media Center
ethanwa79 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2012 17:56 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi -

I'd like to report a bug. I'm using the absolute latest version of PowerDVD 12 Ultra.

Yesterday I played a Blu-ray in my Windows Media Center box (with the PowerDVD plugin). It played just fine. When the movie was over, I ejected it and went back to the main WMC Start menu.

Today my wife popped in my kid's movie that he wanted to watch, also a Blu-ray, and I got the error "Cyperlink PowerDVD 12 is already running". I've never seen this problem before. Clicking OK did nothing. Because I didn't have a keyboard/mouse attached, I restarted the machine and everything was normal again.

Why can't it just detect if PowerDVD is running and then kill and restart itself? This message was not "wife friendly" and she had to call me up to help her.

Also, when is the next patch due out? The "refresh rate is not the same" message keeps popping up. I need it to remember my selection so my wife doesn't have to deal with that message over and over every time we watch another movie.

Thanks!

Ethan
[Post New]
Hi Ethan

I've reported your issue to the development team. They're investigating. Thank you for the report.

Next time if you found bugs of our products, you may try to report to our Tech support, in case we didn't see your valuable report here. All cases via Tech support will be recorded and monitored.

Tech Support
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/contact-support.jsp

BTW, our next patch will be released in around end of August, which is going to have some improvement on refresh rate adjustment. Stay tuned.
Jacek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 16:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
I have the same problem ,but not with Bluray. When I trying to open any video file Powerdvd Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 is already running". This shows only first time running. Next time Powerdvd opens correctly. It works without errors in 11 version. My machine is Win 7 x64 graphic card Nvidia GT 220.
amk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2012 23:08 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jacek please report your issue to Tech Support here:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/contact-support.jsp
Jacek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 16:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I did it. Thanks a lot.
David1701 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2012 23:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm getting the same error message, except I don't use WMC. I have used VLC for videos on an external HDD, but now I can't play my BR or DVD using PowerDVD. I keep being told that a version is already running. I use task manager to close all processes related to PowerDVD that I can find, but that doesn't help.

Could this be a conflict related to VLC? Or the two Cyberlink services that start automatically?

For that matter, has anyone had any luck fixing this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling?

EDIT: As a quick follow up, I've also tried submitting a message to tech support using the above posted address, but I can't seem to get to a form to enter a message.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2012 19:35

SierraTech [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lake Tahoe Joined: Feb 09, 2008 01:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I know this is an old thread, but I have been having the same issue (I purchased in January 2013 and didn't install until the beginning of this month....needed computer stable).

I have been working with Tech Support now for two weeks, still no solution. I will keep my finggers crossed, theat they will resolve this, I don't have the time to keep uninstalling, installing Version 9.5 and then Install 12 Ultra Upgrade (just updated video drivers for NVIDIA 5010M per last Tech Support request).

I run into this problem running the Folder Watch window (Program 1ST Time) and then have to reboot and install v2625 patch. It seems the longer I allow it to Index Watch Folders, the better the chance I will run into this issue.

I hope this can be resolved!
Geacher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2013 12:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm getting the same error message in POWERDVD 13,
Any suggestion?