Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
WARNING: If you upgrade tp PowerToGo 8
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I just upgraded to Version 8. When installing, it gave me an error dialog box. What it said probably doesn't matter. After installing and inserting my activation key I tried to run the new program. I got another error dialog and it would not run.

Now for the warning: DO NOT UNINSTALL POWER TO GO

I uninstalled my PowerToGo6, thinking there was some sort of conflict with Version 8. I also uninstalled Version 8 in order to reinstall it fresh.

When I tried to reinstall Version 8, it gave me an error dialog telling me "You Must Have a Prior Version Installed" and went on to say it would not install Version 8.

So now, I have nothing.

I have submitted a support ticket.

If you have ANY issues with the upgrade, do not uninstall your prior, existing version of Power To Go!
[Thumb - P2G8 Error.jpg]
 Filename
P2G8 Error.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
123 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
340 time(s)
~Tom~
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink tech support has responded already and gave me the file to reinstall my Power2Go6. I then reinstalled the Power2Go8 software and am getting the same error that started all this mess. So now we have to work on that issue but at least we are back to square one thanks to the swift response from Cyberlink support.

Thank you Cyberlink! ~Tom~
Kmot
[Post New]
And here is the solution to the problem. I did what it said, and now my Power2Go8 works.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=12820 ~Tom~