Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rich Video Module - stopped working
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
I am getting the occasional pc reports that this module has stopped working.
However it seems to recover automatically.
I am guessing that it occurs when I am working PD10 hard? Not a major problem but 'what does Rich Video do?' CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi RonH,
From CyberLink's FAQ: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=1919

What is Cyberlink Rich Video (CLRV) and how do I use it?

CLRV can save an enormous amount of production time by reusing video file information created by MagicCut or Scene Detection functions. PowerDirector stores the information within the files, ensuring that the next time these features are used on the same files, the speed of production is dramatically improved. You can check CyberLink's rich media technology by accessing "Preferences".

Might not be a lot of help

Scene Detection is used a lot less nowadays, when using a miniDV camera it's useful. With HD, most of us record in smaller chunks/scenes/clips.

Dafydd
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd ... I searched in our Forums but didn't think of Cyberlink FAQ's!
Just for now I will 'click off' the two Hardware Acceleration features to see what happens ... curious to 'see' the difference.
Sorry to have taken your time unnecessarily. CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi RonH,
Not a problem Ron, to answer your questions. I used the FAQ as it was a lot easier than typing.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 18. 2012 07:17

[Post New]
I am losing a significant amount of time and money using Cyberlink 14.. .Rich video issues continue to stop Pd14.. . Looks like I bet on wrong horse years ago when I started using Powerdirector 6 instead of a Sony or Adobe program
also. . .How do I go about getting the download CD I paid for? How can i fix Rich Video issue?
[Post New]
why does the voice and video go completely out of sync when I attempt to correct noise and enhance bad video?
[Post New]
why does my computer say that the PowerDirector 14 is NOT
compatible with windows 8.1. . my malware is Webroot. . .is it not compatible with Cyberlink programs?