Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fixed : Frequent Crashes and No Browser Issues.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
In the last 3 weeks Power Director 10 Ultra has crashed 12 times. There seems to be nothign that I do to cause the crash. If I reinstall the program, it works for a couple of days and then crashes again. I'm not using any programs /registry cleaners.etc. to cause the crash. If I install any of the updates, it crashes faster. Video card is nvidia 560i, computer has I7 processor. My anti-virus is Vipre.

Any suggestions?

Also if I do get the program running, and use it to try get to the internet, it tell me that there is no browser available. I am using IE 9. Ie 8 (in the past) was no better.

I have submitted a trouble ticket.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2012 11:42

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi stevek ,
We need more basic information please.

Check out the guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page Give as much information as possible, especially Part B and E & F.

Dafydd
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I have removed Power Director 10 completely using Revo Uninstaller in the Moderate Mode. I hvae done a complete reinstall. Thank goodness that I have Power Diretor 9 key available because this was the upgrade from 9.

It seems to be working now - at least it hasn't crashed in the last couple of hours. I can now also get to the Internet to update. I did di that.

BTW, I could do "b" but there is no screen that I could have captured for the crashes (e and f) - there were no error messages to capture. I did not capture the "no browser" window.

Thanks anyway. I just wonder what is causing the crashes to occur when I'm not changing/adding/cleaning my computer. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
stevek
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I traced it down to the crash caused by uno.dll_unload. I have submitted this informatin to tech support along with the dxdiag text files. (both 32 and 64).

Just a note. Just in case it was a hard disck error on my desktop, I loaded it on a laptop also. Same crash.

I have no idea why this started happening -- it could have been some kind of update or install. It has been crashing for several months but I can't pin it down. I use two different Video Editors - the othe rone more than this one. .
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The dxdiag files should also be posted here, that way a forum member can tell tech support what might be wrong...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2012 12:17

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
stevek
[Post New]
Ok but as I said, I have entered a trouble ticket with that information. Here is the dxdiag info for my desktop.

Also the event log file.

Do you have an "in" with tech support?

Btw, my other programs including another video editing programs, photo editors, image editors don't seem to be affected by this issue. As I said, it happens on both the laptop and my desktop.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Dxdiag32
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
583 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag64
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
575 time(s)
[Thumb - 2012-04-15_1121.png]
 Filename
2012-04-15_1121.png
[Disk]
 Description
Event log file
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
399 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Do you have an "in" with tech support?

No, Tech Support has the "in" with us...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 15. 2012 12:53

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
stevek
[Post New]
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Steve: Your dxdiag looks good. Your computer should be able to handle PD10 without a problem, as far as I can tell.

Do you have the latest QuickTime installed? I would uninstall the version that you may have and go to the Apple site and download and install the latest version. PD10 is very dependent on QuickTime.

This could be a codec issue, or you could have a memory chip problem, but that is unlikely since you are getting the same thing on your laptop. That points to something software related. Have you tried shutting down your AV software?

If none of this is of any help, then we should get some details of what you are editing, and a screenshot of your timeline that might help a forum member to diagnose the issue.

Sorry that I can't be of more help at this time. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
stevek
[Post New]
Yes, to latest Quicktime. I install programs with my anti-virus off so that is not interfering with registring any .dll s. I do not use a registry cleaner of any sort - either stand alone not integrated with an anti-virus.

I have used REVO uninstaller in the moderate (safe type) mode to completely remove the software. I have done a clean reinstall of the software. It works one time and then the next I get the crash.

I am not editing anything. I can't. The program crashes right after the splash screen.

I have even looked for errors on my hard drive. I have been using video editors for more than 10 years. I've never had this kind of issue that I could not "fix" before. It is probably simple but those are the hardest to find.

BTW, I am a "knowledgeable expert" on another video editing forum so I've run into all kinds of issues. This one has me stumped. Google gives no clues. .
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I am running an i7 2600 processor 3.4Gh and the Geforce 560ti graphic cards with no issues (Per se). Have you got latest Geforce drivers installed Altho I find tuning of the shadow file helps with the per se issues.
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2012 20:24

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi stevek,

What build version of PD10 are you using and date of purchase please?

I wonder if this is down to a corrupted download. Knowing the date and version may help here.

The following is for all users to know and if PD does not display upon startup.:
Go to:
1. C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector10\
2. PDR.exe>Right Click>Properties>Details
Please provide the information located in the Details tab.

An easier way is Part A in the guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Please can you provide the diagnostic of the alternative laptop you installed PD10 into please - looking for possible causes? thanks.

Dafydd
My ref. 356

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 16. 2012 05:29

stevek
[Post New]
1) Yes, uninstall of Quicktime 7 and reinstall.

2) Yes, the latest Nvidia drivers for video card. It works with PowerDVD 12 in all that it is supposed to do *except mov files). I know they are not related but I'm listing that as a benchmark.

3) I bougth the program Decembr 2011. I had a few issues with it but nothing like this. Most of them were related to an older video card that just didn't have the power to run the program. It would not do 3D. It had 512 MB on board.

4) I have used the latest update but that does not help. Remember that I can reinstall, run one and then not again. I have installed the update before running the program after an install and after opening it once.

5) There is little commonality between the desktop and laptop. Both have Windows 7 but different versions. If you really think that there is some hardware commonality then that would be low on my list. The only commonality is that they are both connected to my home network whch shares a printer, a couple of TV, and 4 internet radios. I loaded the program on that just to see if it would crash also. It does.

6) I run other video, image, and audio programs. All work withut issues.
[Thumb - powerdirecto10details.png]
 Filename
powerdirecto10details.png
[Disk]
 Description
Power Director Details
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
400 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI Steve,
Thanks for the attachment
I was particularly interested to know if you were running the latest Nvidia drivers on both systems. We have seen in the past driver updates causing problems after a recent release. I was also keen to know if the laptop was running as 64bit (I presume it is). They're the commonalities I was looking for in this instance.
Please let me know, thanks

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 16. 2012 09:49

stevek
[Post New]
Laptop is running a AMD chip with an outdated driver.

Someone suggested that I go to a safe reboot and try to run the program. I did and got a message about Rich Video not being loaded but clicked OK. I did and it worked. I could add video but of course things were very slow.

I rebooted to normal start up and Power Director crashed !

I repeated the safe boot and Power Director worked; normal boot it didn't.

There is some conflict with something being opened in normal boot but who knows what !

I'm not sure I want to format c:/ add Power Director and then start updating/adding other drivers/programs until it fails.
I'll stick with my other program.

There seems to be a couple of other thread with "PowerDirector stopped working" It might be a recent update to some nebulous program that is causing this. There have also been a coupe of Windows updates recently.

Is there a spell check on these forums? .
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi stevek,
I have replacement UNO.dll drivers for you to insert. PM'd info.
1. Please can you provide your support ticket number.
2. Does the fix work for you?

Dafydd

stevek
[Post New]
The replacement UNO.dll drivers fix the problem. -- At least for now ! .
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
replacement UNO.dll driver, how can I obtain the driver?

MyAbout CyberLink PowerDirector v10 64 bit
PowerDiteector Ultra 10.0.0.1129b
SR Number: VDE111026-03
Licensed to: Bill Holder
Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
I have found two (2) UNO.dll drivers, on my somputer.

After right clicking on each and selecting DETAILS found both to have the following stats:
File version 1.0.0.914
Product version1.0.0914.r34597
Date modified 12/13/2011 9:12PM

However the UNO.dll located in the C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector10\Boomerang\x64 shows to have a file size of 485 KB.
The next UNO.dll located in the C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector10\Boomerang\x86 shows to have a file size of 385 KB.

Would this be causing the program to crash?

Why is the LANGUAGE shown as Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)? I use English. Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra